New Netflix originals to check out

Netflix is dominating the streaming service industry. Netflix provides a plethora of original content for its subscribers. Throughout 2018 there will be many different Netflix originals to check out. Below is a list of the Netflix Original Series that were recently released.

“The End of the F****** World”

Release date: January 5, 2018

Genre: Dark Comedy

Age Suggestion: TV-MA

“The End of the F****** World” is a dark British comedy-drama based on a comic book series by Charles Forsman. The show follows James (Alex Lawther), a teenager who believes himself to be a psychopath, and Alyssa (Jessica Barden), a rebellious classmate. James is busy planning his first real murder when Alyssa catches him off guard. The show has met critical acclaim and has been praised for its writing, execution, and original subject matter. Both Lawther and Barden have been applauded for their performances as well.

“Rotten”

Release Date: January 5, 2018

Genre: Documentary

Age Suggestion: PG 13

“Rotten” describes the American food industry and the problems that have arisen in the past few years. For example, the demand for honey is on the rise, while the bee population is disappearing at record rates. Through six episodes, the documentary informs viewers of the ins and outs of the food industry in America.

“My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman”

Release Date: January 12, 2018

Genre: Interview

Age Suggestion: TV-MA

David Letterman returns to a new Netflix series that releases new episodes monthly. Letterman hosts interviews with a variety of people, which includes former President Barack Obama in episode one. The first season will consist of six episodes all together with a new famous interviewee joining Letterman each time.

“Somebody Feed Phil”

Release Date: January 12, 2018

Genre: Travel/ Food

Age Suggestion: PG

“Everybody Loves Raymond” creator Philip Rosenthal travels the world to take in the local cuisine and culture. Rosenthal travels, eats food, and cracks jokes along the way.

“Drug Lords”

Release Date: January 19, 2018

Genre: Documentary

Age Suggestion: PG 13

“Drug Lords” is a documentary of the life and crimes of the cartels. The series interviews those who fought against the cartels and others who were a part of the crimes themselves. The opposing interviews create conflicting stories. The show tells the story of the most notorious kingpins, their terrifying enforcers, and the men and women who have sworn to bring them down.

“Grace and Frankie” Season 4

Release Date: January 19, 2018

Genre: Comedy

Age Suggestion: TV-MA

The two women who act as the namesake of this Emmy-nominated series, Grace, and Frankie, are not friends. The women have opposing personalities; Grace is proper while Frankie is rather eccentric. Yet they begin to bond when their husbands leave them for each other.

“Dirty Money”

Release Date: January 26, 2018

Genre: Documentary

Age Suggestion: PG 13

“Dirty Money” documents corporate corruption, with each episode focusing on a particular event, like the Volkswagen emissions scandal, which was featured in episode one.

“One Day at a Time” Season 2

Release Date: January 26, 2018

Genre: Sitcom

Age Suggestion: PG 13

“One Day at a Time” is a reboot of the 1975 CBS series. The show follows a United States Army Nurse who separated from her husband and is left to raise her children with her mother.

“Altered Carbon”

Release Date: February 2, 2018

Genre: Sci-Fi

Age Suggestion: TV-MA

“Altered Carbon” is based on the 2002 science fiction novel of the same title by Richard K. Morgan. Set in a future where consciousness is digitized and stored, a prisoner returns to life in a new body after 250 years. He is tasked to solve a mind-bending murder of a wealthy man.

“Greenhouse Academy” Season 2

Release Date: February 14, 2018

Genre: Drama

Age Suggestion: PG

After losing their mother, a brother and sister enroll in a private school for gifted students. The siblings join different houses within the school and become rivals. The siblings find major conflicts, new romances, and a mystery related to the recent loss of their mom.

“Everything Sucks”

Release Date: February 16, 2018

Genre: Drama / Comedy

Age Suggestion: TV-14

During the 90s, a freshman A.V. club member at Boring High School falls in love with the principal’s daughter and their relationship has a few roadblocks. The series is filled with 90s nostalgia.

“First Team: Juventus”

Release Date: February 16, 2018

Genre: Documentary

Age Suggestion: G

The series follows the renowned soccer club Juventus as the team goes for its seventh straight Italian title and to achieve Champions League glory. The series follows the club on and off the field, giving viewers a true sense of what these players are like.

“The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale”

Release Date: February 18, 2018

Genre: Comedy

Age Suggestion: TV-MA

Reprising “The Soup” on E! is none other than Joel McHale, but on Netflix, “The Joel McHale Show” covers trending news, pop culture, social media, original sketches, and more with new episodes being released weekly.

“Seven Seconds”

Release Date: February 23, 2018

Genre: Crime Drama

Age Suggestion: TV-MA

A teenager is killed in a cop-involved hit-and-run incident, which is soon covered up. The victim’s family fights for justice and answers.

“Ugly Delicious”

Release Date: February 23, 2018

Genre: Travel / Food

Age Suggestion: PG-13

Famous chef and author David Chang travels around the world, trying new food and learning about new cultures with friends and fellow entertainers. He begins his journey on a mission to find “the world’s most satisfying grub.”

“Flint Town”

Release Date: March 2, 2018

Genre: Docuseries

Age Suggestion: TV-MA

Police officers in Flint, Michigan, are followed by a film crew covering the day-to-day struggles that residents face, one of the major issues being the undrinkable water supply.

“Girls Incarcerated”

Release Date: March 2, 2018

Genre: Docuseries

Age Suggestion: TV-MA

The show takes place at a juvenile correctional facility in Indiana, and it focuses on girls trying to turn their lives around before they become adults.

The Hawk • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in