“Noises Off” proves to be a crowd favorite

Courtesy of Marissa Wheaton

Courtesy of Marissa Wheaton

Caroline Kurtz, Sports Editor

The Theatre Department performed four shows of “Noises Off!”  between two casts from March 15-17.

The show was directed by theatre teacher Brandon Michael Cater, who reminisced about doing the show when he was in college; “This show is one of my favorites to do, and it brings back fond memories of my time in college working on and performing it.”

“The physical comedy that brought multiple layers to the production as a whole was my favorite part.” Communication Arts teacher DJ Thompson recalled with a smile.

“Noises Off!” is set as a play within a play, following a problematic cast, a fed up director, and a stressed-out crew trying to put on a show called “Nothing On.” The show is a complete comedical disaster and explores relationships of certain characters as even more accidents arise. Soon arguments and fights begin to escalate, but the show must go on.

“There was never a dull moment. The cast did a good job of keeping us entertained. Act three as a whole was the best! I suggest other people to go. Some people overthink theatre, but I think they do an amazing job.” senior MacKenzi Wagner said following the closing of the show.

Senior Kyla Taylor played the leading lady of the show Dotty Otley, while junior Jake Rider played the angry director Lloyd Dallas. Garry Lejune was performed by junior Danny Mitchell, and Brooke Ashton was played by juniors Nellie DeHart and Sivan Cohen. The stagehands Poppy Norton-Taylor and Tina Allgood were played by juniors Marissa Wheaton, Jenna Miller, Macy Connors, and Eliza Siegal.

The cast continues with junior Josh Miller as Frederick Fellowes, and Belinda Blair performed by both junior Corinne Krasner and senior Madilyn Ortega. Lastly, the inebriated elderly burglar Selsdon Mowbray was played by junior Jeff Helvig. Senior Coleen LeKites smiled after the show and said, “I enjoyed the show. I experienced laughter and joy. It was a great time! The cast was amazing! Everyone worked great together and everyone was flawless!”

The show was full of jaw-dropping, hilarious moments. The audience was fully engaged and responsive to the show. “Noises Off” was a delightful backstage look at what really goes into the show, complete with slamming doors, falling trousers, and flying sardines!

• Student Life

Seniors recognized, awarded by community

• Student Life

Winners’ ways with words

• “Noises Off” proves to be a crowd favorite

Student Life

Senior college decisions

Student Life

SDHS Band Raffle

Student Life

EverFi certification for 46 students

Student Life

Prom 2018

• Student Life

Senior schedule leading to graduation

• Student Life

Band and orchestra departs on annual Spring trip

Student Life

Help wanted!

Student Life

Decatur holds first annual African American Read In