Courtesy of clizbeats.com

Courtesy of clizbeats.com

Broadway MashUp dedicated to March For Our Lives

The well-known Broadway stars Lin Manuel Miranda and Ben Platt have joined forces to create a song to benefit March For Our Lives.

The artists announced that a portion of the proceeds made from the sale of the song will be donated to March For Our Lives, a demonstration in support of gun control reform. The students from the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL, organized the march, which is set to take place in Washington, D.C., on March 24.

The new song, “Found/Tonight,” was arranged by the Tony-winning orchestrator Alex Lacamoire who worked on both “Hamilton” and “Dear Evan Hansen.”

Many celebrities, including Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg, and George Clooney have donated money to the march.

Miranda tweeted information regarding the song: “Here’s your March Hamildrop. For the kids.” Platt tweeted, “Honored to team up with Lin Manuel on ‘Found/Tonight,’ a gorgeous mashup of Hamilton Music and Dear Evan Hansen arranged by the great Alex Lacamoire. Proceeds go to the incredible March For Our Lives Initiative, so stream and download and listen!” Miranda is best known for creating and starring in the Broadway musicals “In the Heights” and “Hamilton.” Platt also starred in the Broadway show “Dear Evan Hansen.” Both Miranda and Platt won many awards for their roles in these shows.

Lin Manuel Miranda and Ben Platt

Miranda and Platt provided their vocal skills for the mash-up, which combines the messages from the songs “The Story of Tonight” from “Hamilton” and “You Will Be Found” from “Dear Evan Hansen.”

In the first act of “Hamilton,” a group of four revolutionaries sing about their dedication to freedom, liberty, and the hope that others will join the cause with the song “The Story of Tonight.”

“You Will Be Found” is the inspirational anthem of acceptance and hope from “Dear Evan Hansen.”

Miranda releases a new “Hamildrop” monthly, which entails a new song related to Miranda’s hit Broadway musical, “Hamilton.” The “Hamildrop” is released to the public every month for listening enjoyment and is a way to raise money which is donated to different causes.

Emma Gonzalez and David Hogg, two Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students, who have become public faces for March for Our Lives, smiled as they watched Miranda and Platt perform “Found/Tonight” through video on CBS This Morning.

The Hawk • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in