Tuesday, May 2

Today Celebrates: Baby Day, and Brothers and Sisters Day!

Lunch for today includes: fish and cheese sandwich & chips, pepperoni calzones, steamed corn, chilled pears, and milk

Attention Students! For this week, please be advised that Spanish tutorial will be held Today. Be sure to sign up outside of room A126.

All new National Honor Society members. We will have our first meeting TOMORROW, May 3rd directly after school in the auditorium. This is an important meeting regarding officer elections. Attendance will be taken, so please plan ahead to attend. Take a picture of one of the several flyers posted around the building so that you can mark upcoming meetings on your calendar.

The Peggy Hevel Writing Competition is in full swing. 1st prize for each category is $100. Categories include short story and poetry. Entry forms available in the media center or with any English teacher. If you need help getting started, editing, or have questions about the rules of the competition, stop by The Seahawk Writing Center Wednesday after school for a special session just for this competition. Submissions are due Friday! Write On, Write Now!

Decatur Theatre would like to invite you to “Comedy of Errors”, this year’s annual Shakespeare Under the Stars. Performances will be on Thursday, May 17th, Friday, May 18th, and Saturday, May 19th at 7:00 pm in the Gladys C. Burbage Courtyard Theatre, with a 1:00pm matinee on the 19th. Tickets are $10 for adults, and $5 for students. For more information, or to purchase tickets online please go to www.stephendecaturtheatre.weebly.com. We hope to see you there!

Attention all students who received a BIS field day volunteer form. Turn them in ASAP! If there is anyone else interested in helping out at BIS on June 1, see Mrs. Bunting in the PE department anytime before or after school. Please don’t stop in during class time. Again, if you are a student in good standing, no attendance issues or referrals…..see Mrs. Bunting if you’d like to volunteer for BIS field day!

All students who received field day forms for OCES. There are only 5 volunteer spots left for the OCES field day! If you received an invitation and want to volunteer, turn in your form to Mrs. Bunting in the PE department as soon as possible! The first 5 back will go.

Enjoy learning about different cultures? Love trying new foods? Come on out May 4th to Stephen Decatur’s Model United Nation’s club first World Food Night fundraiser. All food will be $1 and will be available from 3:00 until 6:30pm after school.

The Relay For Life Team will meet TOMORROW, Thursday, May 3rd directly after school in the DNN studio. Make sure you come with your signed permission slip, if you need one, please see Mr. Thompson.

There will be Bocce Team practice today after school.

There will be a field hockey meeting in Ms. Matthews’ room, C175, at 2:50 TODAY! This meeting will include information on camps and clinics. If you cannot make the meeting please see Ms. Matthews.

At 4:00 PM Varsity Baseball plays at Easton – dismissal at 1:15

At 4:00 PM Girls Varsity Lacrosse plays at James M. Bennett – dismissal at 2:15

Also at 4 Varsity Softball plays at Easton – dismissal at 1:15

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball plays Easton at home

At 4:00 PM JV Softball battles Easton at home

Also at 4:00 Boys JV Lacrosse Vs. James M. Bennett at home

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Lacrosse plays James M. Bennett at home

Let’s Go Seahawks!

Tuesday, May 2