Thursday, May 3

Today Celebrates: Garden Meditation Day and World Press Freedom Day.

Lunch for today includes: hot ham and cheese sub, chicken breast sandwich, baked beans, steamed broccoli, chilled fruit, and milk

All new National Honor Society members. We will have our first meeting TODAY, May 3rd directly after school in the auditorium. This is an important meeting regarding officer elections. Attendance will be taken, so please plan ahead to attend.

Only two more days left to enter the Peggy Hevel Writing Competition! 1st prize for each category is $100. Categories include short story and poetry. Entry forms are available in the media center or with any English teacher. Submissions are due TOMORROW! Write On, Write Now!

Attention all students who received a BIS field day volunteer form. Turn them in ASAP! If there is anyone else interested in helping out at BIS on June 1, see Mrs. Bunting in the PE department anytime before or after school. Please don’t stop in during class time. Again, if you are a student in good standing, no attendance issues or referrals…..see Mrs. Bunting if you’d like to volunteer for BIS field day!

Attention students….there aren’t anymore volunteer spots left open for OCES field day. Again, volunteer positions for OCES field day are FULL. Mrs. Bunting will not be accepting anymore permission slips.

Enjoy learning about different cultures? Love trying new foods? Come on out May 4th to Stephen Decatur’s Model United Nation’s club first World Food Night fundraiser. All food will be $1 and will be available from 3:00 until 6:30pm after school.

The Relay For Life Team will meet TODAY, directly after school in the DNN studio. Make sure you come with your signed permission slip, if you need one, please see Mr. Thompson.

Decatur Nation! Relay For Life is the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Relay is staffed and coordinated by volunteers in thousands of communities and 27 countries, and the Relay For Life of North Worcester will take place on Friday, May 11th at Frontier Town Campground beginning at 6:00 p.m. Join us as we bring communities together to remember loved ones lost, honor survivors of all cancers, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society make a global impact on cancer.

There will be a meeting May 10th in room A174 at for anyone interested in coming out for the Golf Team next year. See Mr Stearman if you have any questions.

At 12:00 PM Varsity Bocce battles in the District 11 Tournament – dismissal at 11:00

At 3:00 PM Boys and Girls Track and Field competes in the Kent Island Invitational – dismissal at 12:15

At 4:00 PM Boys and Girls Varsity Tennis takes on Snow Hill at home

Let’s Go Seahawks!

Have a PARR-ific Day!!

Thursday, May 3