Friday, May 4

Today Celebrates: Bird Day, International Tuba Day, Renewal Day, and Star Wars Day.

Lunch for today includes: Big daddy’s pepperoni or cheese pizza, cheese burger w/ let & tom, seasoned spiral cut fries, carrots w/ ranch, chilled pears, and milk.

The Stephen Decatur NJROTC is having a We Care drive to benefit Operation We Care. Operation We Care is an all volunteer non-profit organization dedicated to supporting our military and first responders. Operation We Care has been sending care packages & supporting our military, law enforcement & Fire/EMS departments since 2007. Drop off any and all donations to the ROTC room, B-1072A. For the top ten list of items needed, visit operationwecare.org or look for a flyer around school. All donations are due May 18th.

TODAY is the final day to enter the Peggy Hevel Writing Competition! 1st prize for each category is $100. Categories include short story and poetry. Entry forms are available in the media center or with any English teacher. Submissions are due by 2:40 p.m.! Write On, Write Now!

The Library Media Center will be closed for AP testing Monday, May 7 beginning at 11:30 and will reopen Tuesday morning. A library kiosk will be set up in the hallway by the back doors for printing, laptop checkout and return,and laptop problems. There will be no after school hours.

Additionally, on Friday, May 11, the Library Media Center will also be closed before school until noon. The Library Kiosk will be set up by the back doors. Thank you for your understanding!

Decatur Theatre would like to invite you to “Comedy of Errors”, this year’s annual Shakespeare Under the Stars. Performances will be on Thursday, May 17th, Friday, May 18th, and Saturday, May 19th at 7:00 pm in the Gladys C. Burbage Courtyard Theatre, with a 1:00pm matinee on the 19th. Tickets are $10 for adults, and $5 for students. For more information, or to purchase tickets online please go to www.stephendecaturtheatre.weebly.com. We hope to see you there!

Enjoy learning about different cultures? Need to grab some food before tonight’s game? Love trying new foods? Come out after school TODAY to Stephen Decatur’s Model United Nations club’s first World Food Night fundraiser. All food will be $1 and will be available from 3:00 until 6:30pm.

Relay For Life Team Members, you MUST have a permission slip in order to attend the event next week. Please see Mr. Thompson for one if needed, and return them to him ASAP! Thanks!

Decatur Nation! Relay For Life is the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Relay is staffed and coordinated by volunteers in thousands of communities and 27 countries, and the Relay For Life of North Worcester will take place on Friday, May 11th at Frontier Town Campground beginning at 6:00 p.m. Join us as we bring communities together to remember loved ones lost, honor survivors of all cancers, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society make a global impact on cancer.

There will be a meeting May 10th in room A174 at for anyone interested in coming out for the Golf Team next year. See Mr Stearman if you have any questions.

At 4:00 PM  – Girls JV Lacrosse plays Parkside at home

At 4:00 PM – Varsity Baseball battles Chincoteague at home

Also at 4  – JV Softball plays at Snow Hill – dismissal To Be Announced

At 4:00 PM  – Varsity Softball plays at Arcadia – dismissal at 2:00

At 5:30 PM  – Girls Varsity Lacrosse battles Parkside at home

Let’s Go Seahawks!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility!

May the 4th be with you Decatur!

Friday, May 4