Monday, May 7

Today Celebrates: National Tourism Day.

Lunch for today includes: Tyson Popcorn Chicken, Managers Choice, Oven Fries, Steamed Green Beans, Fresh Fruit, and Milk

Attention After School Academy participants: This is just a friendly reminder that the After School Academy ends this week on Thursday, May 10th. Please be sure to thank your After School Academy teacher(s) for giving you tutorial help and/or an extracurricular opportunity.

Mark your Calendars Decatur! The Spring Choral concert takes place this coming Thursday evening, beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium, Choir and Show Choir will take the stage to perform numerous musical numbers sure to amaze. Come out Thursday, May 10th for some shows topping performances!

The Stephen Decatur NJROTC is having a We Care drive to benefit Operation We Care. Operation We Care is an all volunteer non-profit organization dedicated to supporting our military and first responders. Operation We Care has been sending care packages & supporting our military, law enforcement & Fire/EMS departments since 2007. Drop off any and all donations to the ROTC room, B-1072A. For the top ten list of items needed, visit operationwecare.org or look for a flyer around school. All donations are due May 18th.

The Library Media Center will be closed for AP testing Monday, May 7 beginning at 11:30 and will reopen Tuesday morning. A library kiosk will be set up in the hallway by the back doors for printing, laptop checkout and return, and laptop problems. There will be no after school hours.

Additionally, on Friday, May 11, the Library Media Center will also be closed before school until noon. The Library Kiosk will be set up by the back doors. Thank you for your understanding!

Decatur Theatre would like to invite you to “Comedy of Errors”, this year’s annual Shakespeare Under the Stars. Performances will be on Thursday, May 17th, Friday, May 18th, and Saturday, May 19th at 7:00 pm in the Gladys C. Burbage Courtyard Theatre, with a 1:00pm matinee on the 19th. Tickets are $10 for adults, and $5 for students. For more information, or to purchase tickets online please go to www.stephendecaturtheatre.weebly.com. We hope to see you there!

Relay For Life Team Members, you MUST have a permission slip in order to attend the event next week. Please see Mr. Thompson for one if needed, and return them to him ASAP! Thanks!

Decatur Nation! Relay For Life is the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Relay is staffed and coordinated by volunteers in thousands of communities and 27 countries, and the Relay For Life of North Worcester will take place on Friday, May 11th at Frontier Town Campground beginning at 6:00 p.m. Join us as we bring communities together to remember loved ones lost, honor survivors of all cancers, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society make a global impact on cancer.

Attention to all those interested in trying out for fall cheerleading. There will be a parent meeting on Monday 5/7 at 6 pm in the cafeteria. Tryouts begin Monday May 14th – Friday 18th. Don’t forget to register on family ID and have a current physical!

There will be a meeting May 10th in room A174 for anyone interested in coming out for the Golf Team next year. See Mr Stearman if you have any questions.

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball plays at North Caroline – dismissal at 1:45

At 4:00 PM JV Softball also plays at North Caroline – dismissal at 1:45

At 5:30 PM Girls Varsity Lacrosse goes head to head with Easton in the Bayside Championship – dismissal TBA

At 7:15 PM Boys Varsity Lacrosse goes head to head with Easton for the Bayside Championship – dismissal TBA

Let’s Go Seahawks!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility! Make it a Fantastic Day Decatur!

Monday, May 7