Tuesday, May 31

Today Celebrates: National Macaroon Day, Save Your Hearing Day, and World No Tobacco Day!

Lunch for today includes: Breaded Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara Sauce, Ham and Cheese on Hawaiian Bun, Steamed Corn, Chilled Peaches, and Milk.

Congratulations go out to the Stephen Decatur High School Marching for their exceptional performance at yesterday’s Memorial Day parade in Berlin. An outstanding audience reception was the pinnacle of Monday’s event, and it was a great Final performance for the marching band. Good Job.

Congratulations go out to Julianna Wooden for her remarkable performance at the Maryland State Solo and Ensemble festival. Julianna is the first SDHS musician to go to the state level in almost 10 years. On top of all that, besides being a state level musician, she also was able to achieve a completely perfect score for her solo “The Jade Temple”. What an Excellent Job!

Attention all National Honor Society members: We will have a brief meeting after school today, May 31st in the auditorium. Please be on time. Several items, including graduation, will be discussed.

Attention All Students: Are you interested in running for a class office or a position with the Student Government Association? If so, be sure to complete the appropriate officer application and submit to the advisor. You can pick up officer applications from the main office or from a Class Advisor.

Advisors are as follows: for rising seniors: Mr. Berquist: for rising juniors: Mr. Greenwood or Ms. Galello; for rising sophomores: Mrs. Purnell or Mrs. Zervakos; for the SGA: Mrs. Berke or Mrs. Bova. Applications to run for office are due to the appropriate advisor by 3PM on June 6. Elections will be held on Wednesday, June 15th. For any other questions, see Mrs. Berquist in the CRT Office.

The Decatur Film Society will meet TODAY to discuss the film Project X. This will be our last meeting of the year, so come ready to discuss. Remember, you must secure your own transportation home. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Attention all students: If you are a rising junior or senior and you are in jeopardy of failing a required course, you may be eligible to participate in the Summer Academy Credit Recovery Program. See Mrs. Berquist or your counselor for information. Ms. Redden is A through K and Mrs. Riley is L through Z. Don’t get behind in your credits. Instead, stay on track for graduation.

Attention Juniors! It’s time to save the dates for your Senior Portraits! Prestige Portraits will be at Decatur August 1st through 4th for portraits. Information packets will be mailed home this summer, so make sure your mailing information is up to date at school by May 31st. See Mr. Thompson with questions.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!