Friday, June 10

Today Celebrates: Ball Point Pen Day, Iced Tea Day, and National Flip Flop Day!

Lunch for today includes: Big Daddy’s Cheese Pizza, Turkey and Cheese Sub, Oven Baked Fries, Chilled Pears, and Milk.

Students, all library materials need to be returned! Start the summer off debt free by returning all books and materials to the media center.

Please congratulate National English Honor Society’s officers for 2022-23 school year: Autumn Drew – President, Willa Novelli – Vice President, Jessica Beck – Secretary, Landon Pryor – Treasurer, and Kaeli Newcomb – Tech Liaison. Congratulations!

Attention all Students/Teachers: There will be a very brief homeroom on Wednesday, June 15th at 8 o’clock to conduct school-wide elections. Worcester Tech buses will be held. Teachers, following homeroom, please send all election materials directly to guidance.

Attention Candidates: Please be sure to remove all of your posters on Tuesday, June 14th, including any adhesives that you used. ALL POSTERS should be removed by Wednesday morning.

Calling all artists! This year’s creative classes are in the process of making a Literary Magazine. We need art for the cover and all of the content inside. If you are proud of any work you have created and want to show others make sure to submit by the last day of school, June 17th! Your submission can be anonymous too! Scan the QR code in the halls using YOUR IPAD, see an art teacher, or speak with Mrs. Zervakos.

Breaking news, Decatur Nation! The Hawk, your student newspaper here at Decatur since 1954 is back, with an all-new print edition. That’s right, the Hawk is back with an actual printed newspaper. Get your copy now of The Hawk’s special Spring 2022 edition, featuring articles by students, about our school and the Decatur community. Copies are available in the front office.

Juniors! It’s time to save the dates for your Senior Portraits! Prestige Portraits will be at Decatur August 1st through 4th for portraits. Information packets will be mailed home this summer. Remember, yearbook photos MUST be taken through Lifetouch. See Mr. Thompson with questions.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!