Wednesday, November 9

Today Celebrates: Chaos Never Dies Day and World Freedom Day!

Lunch for today includes: BBQ Pork Sandwich, Popcorn Chicken with Roll, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Broccoli, Diced Peaches, and Milk.

The SDHS Spine Breakers, our school’s book club, needs you to vote early! Book Club will meet after school TODAY to pick the next book. The new book will be ordered tomorrow, November 10th so don’t wait, vote now!

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday and every Thursday until Christmas Break. We will meet before school at 7:15 am in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott or Ms. Fluty if you have any questions. All are welcome.

Art Club is cancelled for this Thursday November 10th. We will be meeting again on November 17th.

Attention students! American Education Week is next week and it’s time to recognize some teachers and staff members at SDHS who have made a difference in your life! Click on the Teacher/Staff Shout out link on the SDHS Schoology page to anonymously nominate a teacher or staff member to be highlighted on the morning announcements next week. See Mrs. Cosgrove with any questions.

The annual collection of troop donations for care packages with Operation We Care is on! The donation Wish List can be found posted around the building or see Mrs. Chetelat for a copy of the list. Let’s remember our citizens in service for the holidays. All donations can be brought to Mrs. Chetelat in room A 175. Wish list items include Trail Mix, Dental Floss, Beef Jerky, Bars of Soap, Pop Tarts, Microwave Popcorn, Puzzle Books, and more!

Our school community has experienced a lot of loss over the past several months. Everyone processes grief in different ways. Stephen Decatur Counseling Department is partnering with Coastal Hospice to provide a grief group in the library. Decatur students and staff are invited to join us on November 17th and December 15th from 3:00 until 4:00 pm. If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Shirk in the counseling office.

Decatur Nation! Hold on to your memories by purchasing your copy of the 2023 Seahawk yearbook. Your social media accounts may not last forever, just ask any millennial about their MySpace account! Copes are now 80 dollars but that price increases to 95 dollars on February 1st. Don’t delay, pre-order today at yearbookforever.com!

Seniors! If you did not have your senior portraits taken during any of the seven days Prestige Portraits was at Decatur, you now have to schedule an appointment time in their Salisbury studio. All yearbook photos MUST be taken through Prestige Portraits and those photos MUST be taken by February 1st.

Congratulations to sophomore Amber Marshall who finished 5th place in the Maryland 3A South Regional Meet at Chesapeake High School last Thursday. Amber finished the 5k course with a PR time of 21:23 and has qualified for the state meet on Saturday, November 12. We are all so proud of you Amber. Best of luck to you on the Bull Run course!!

Any new and returning swimmers interested in joining the swim team this winter need to register on Family ID and have a current physical. Practice starts Tuesday November 15th.

If you’re interested in trying out for the the Boys Basketball team, please pick up your packet from Coach Johnson in room A-165.

Any girl interested in trying out for Girls basketball, please pick up paperwork from Coach Kurtz in room A-172.

There will be an open gym for basketball tonight. The open gym will start at 5:30 and run until 7 pm. You must leave the school at 2:40 and return 10 minutes before Open Gym. All are welcome and the fee is $2.00.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!