Tuesday, November 15

Today Celebrates: America Recycles Day, Clean Your Refrigerator Day, and National Philanthropy Day!

Lunch for today includes: Nachos with Beef Filling, BBQ Pork Sandwich, Steamed Green Beans, Steamed Corns, Diced Pears, and Milk.

The Educator’s Rising Club would like to wish all of the teachers and staff a happy American Education Week! Here are a few shout outs from SDHS students:

Mrs. Billetdeaux is a cool teacher and she helped me a lot!

I failed English when we were online, so I had to retake the class. I had Mrs. Ritz, and she made the class really fun. She made me feel better about having to redo 9th grade English, and I was successful!

I would like to shout out Mr. August! He definitely has helped me push my limits, and he is a very motivating teacher. Thank you for making me a better overall person and helping me through my struggles.

I would like to shout out Mrs. Galello. I really enjoy her class and she is super nice.

Mrs. Luckett makes learning Spanish really fun and she is really nice.

I would like to shout out my Spanish 2 teacher Senora Sawyer for always being there to help me when I need it most. Everytime I was struggling, she always made sure she did what she could do to make me successful in her class. There were times when I felt like I was going to be the only student to fail the class, but she was right there to help me when I needed it and because of her I passed. Thank you Mrs. Sawyer.

Mr. Wilder, thank you for being so mice to me and always helping me in class when I need it. You are one of the best teachers I have had here at SDHS. Thank you.

Thank you Coach Ferro for being there for me when I have a question about baseball, school, or life in general. I trust you with anything.

I would like to shout out Mr. Ray for helping me get through Algebra and for showing me a cool Star Wars game.

Mrs. Hathaway has always made sure I am ok and always offers help and support. She knows how to build a great relationship with her students and always brings joy to everyone in the classroom. She always acknowledges every student, and tells us there is no shame in being ourselves. Hands down, Mrs. Hathaway is an amazing woman and an incredible teacher.

It’s not too late to submit shout outs to a teacher or staff member who has made a difference! Just click the link on the SDHS Schoology page.

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday and every Thursday until Winter Break. We will meet before school at 7:15 am in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott or Ms. Fluty if you have any questions. All are welcome!

Want a free copy of one of Time magazine’s 100 best YA books of all time? Pick up a copy of Firekeeper’s Daughter by joining The Spine Breakers this month. See Mr. vonRigler in the media center.

Decatur Nation! Collection for the annual Operation We Care troop donation drive is on! Wish list items include; socks, body lotion, mouthwash, sunscreen, eye drops, shampoo, ramen noddle packs, brick style not cups, and more! For the full list of items, check out the donation wish list posted around the building or see Mrs. Chetelat for a copy. Let’s remember our citizens in service for the holidays. All donations can be brought to Mrs. Chetelat in room A 175.

Everyone processes grief in different ways, and with the recent loss facing our community, Decatur’s Counseling Department has partnered with Coastal Hospice to provide a grief group in the media center. Students and staff are invited to join this Thursday, November 17th from 3:00 until 4:00 p.m. If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Shirk in the counseling office.

Students and staff! If you missed picture day on Halloween, Lifetouch will be at Decatur on Tuesday, November 29th for picture day retakes. Please see Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Seniors! If you did not have your senior portraits taken, you now have to schedule an appointment time in the Lifetouch studio in Salisbury. All yearbook photos MUST be taken through Prestige Portraits and those photos MUST be taken by February 1st. See the showcase across from the office in the main hallway for the phone number to Lifetouch.

Decatur Nation! Hold on to your memories by purchasing your copy of the 2023 Seahawk yearbook. Copies are now 80 dollars but that price increases to 95 dollars on February 1st. Don’t delay, pre-order today at yearbookforever.com!

If you are trying out for boys’ basketball, please arrive at the school at 4:45. Please stay out of the gymnasium until 5, you may enter when the girls are done tryouts. You must be signed up on Family ID, and have an up-to-date physical to try out. No Exceptions! If you have any questions, please see Coach Johnson in A165.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!