Wednesday, November 16

Today Celebrates: Button Day, Have a Party with Your Bear Day, and International Tolerance Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken Nuggets, Mini Cheese Calzones, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Green Peas, Mixed Fruit, and Milk.

For this American Education Week, the Educator’s Rising Club would like to honor some of our teachers and staff members with student shout outs.

I would like to shout out Mrs. Purnell. She was my English 10 teacher, and I really enjoyed her as a teacher. She made me a better student and person She always gave us compliments and I think she deserves one herself!

Mrs. Tunnel has helped me tremendously throughout my freshman year. I wouldn’t have passed half of my classes without her. I am forever grateful for what she has done for me.

I would like to shout out Madame McCann for having the best attitude when teaching and being honest with all of us.

I would like to shout out Mrs. Cosgrove for always being so understanding and supportive of every single one of her students. She is very encouraging and reasonable with any setbacks that her students have. She made her classroom a safe space. She changed me for the better and is a really good English teacher.

I would like to shout out Mr. Kurtz because he is a fun teacher. You can tell he really wants to be a teacher and makes class fun.

I would like to shout out Mrs. Hohl because she is very relatable and easy to talk to because we have a few hobbies in common and she is funny.

Mrs. Smith is very kind and helps anyone who needs her help.

I would like to shout out Mr. Foell. In my three years in school he has had an aura about him that is full of sarcasm and dead pan. I love him for that. He has made a positive impact on me and the rest of the band members.

Dr. Hill really cares about each and every one of her students’ success and is always willing to talk about math and all things school related. Thank you so much Dr. Hill!

Mr. Cater! As a freshman and a new student to the school, Mr. Cater made me feel welcome. He helped me get used to the school. He is always helping me step outside of my comfort zone, ad he always makes sure his student succeed.

Thank you all so much for all that you consistently do. Don’t forget it isn’t too late to submit shout outs using the link on the SDHS Schoology page.

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday and every Thursday until Winter Break. We will meet before school at 7:15 am in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott or Ms. Fluty if you have any questions. All are welcome!

Want a free copy of one of Time magazine’s 100 best YA books of all time? Pick up a copy of Firekeeper’s Daughter by joining The Spine Breakers this month. See Mr. vonRigler in the media center.

Mu Alpha Theta is hosting a pjammin’ for childhood cancer day on November 22. Donations for participating in pajama day will be collected during all lunch shifts on Tuesday, November 22.

Decatur Nation! Continue bringing in items for the annual Operation We Care troop donation drive! For the full list of items, check out the donation wish list posted around the building or see Mrs. Chetelat for a copy. Let’s remember our citizens in service for the holidays. All donations can be brought to Mrs. Chetelat in room A 175.

Students and staff! If you missed picture day on Halloween, Lifetouch will be at Decatur on Tuesday, November 29th for picture day retakes. Please see Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Seniors! If you did not have your senior portraits taken, you now have to schedule an appointment time in the Lifetouch studio in Salisbury. All yearbook photos MUST be taken through Prestige Portraits and those photos MUST be taken by February 1st. See the showcase across from the office in the main hallway for the phone number to Lifetouch.

Congratulations to the following field hockey players for their all conference recognition: First Team All Conference – Bailey Griffin and Ava Snelsire
Honorable Mention All Conference – Bre Ferguson, Abby Melito, and Sarah Smith

Also congratulations to Bre Ferguson and Sarah Smith for their selection to the Bayside South Senior all star game. The North versus South all star game will be played at Decatur on Monday, November 21st. Bre Ferguson was also selected to play in the Susan Pusey State Senior all star game.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!