Friday, November 18

Today Celebrates: Apple Cider Day and Occult Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mickey’s Cheese Pizza, Turkey and Cheese Kit, Spiral Cut French Fries, California Vegetable Blend, Diced Peaches, and Milk.

Stephen Decatur High School has an active GSA group that meets every week after school on Wednesdays in the school library. We invite community members and allies to join us. In an effort to provide information and awareness, the GSA will be providing a weekly fact to be shared on the morning announcements.

This week’s fact is; The term, Non-Binary, is used to describe people who feel their gender identity goes beyond that of the traditional ideals of male or female. Non-Binary people may identify as both male and female or neither male nor female. They may feel their gender can change or that they permanently don’t identify with one particular gender. The GSA club that meets on Wednesdays in the After School Academy is full of knowledge and accurate information for both community members and allies.

You’ve all seen the morning announcements, where we share news and information with you in a professional manner, but DNN is much more than that. As students progress in the program we mix the professional with the fun, so check out some of the fun our Level 3 students do by following us on TikTok under the name dnnstudio.

Gratitude cards will be delivered today during second period, so be on the look out for a special message from a friend! If you forgot to send one, no need to fret! Gratitude cards will be available today for a special LAST CHANCE sale! Send one to a friend, teacher, or even yourself!

Want a free copy of one of Time magazine’s 100 best YA books of all time? Pick up a copy of Firekeeper’s Daughter by joining The Spine Breakers this month. Members, the books are NOW IN, so see Mr. vonRigler in the media center for your copy! We will be reading to page 65 for next Monday’s meeting!

Decatur Film Society members, remember to pick up a permission slip from Mr. Thompson if you plan on viewing next weeks film Tuesday. It’s also pajama day, which is perfect for viewing The Babysitter.

Mu Alpha Theta would like to invite all students and staff to join PJammin for Kids with Cancer on Tuesday, November 22. Dress in your best, school appropriate pajamas next Tuesday to raise awareness and funds for the American Childhood Cancer Organization. Donations for participating in pajama day will be collected during all lunch shifts on Tuesday. Let’s make Tuesday PJammin!

Decatur Nation! Continue bringing in items for the annual Operation We Care troop donation drive! For the full list of items, check out the donation wish list posted around the building or see Mrs. Chetelat for a copy. Let’s remember our citizens in service for the holidays. All donations can be brought to Mrs. Chetelat in room A 175.

Students and staff! If you missed picture day on Halloween, Lifetouch will be at Decatur on Tuesday, November 29th for picture day retakes. Please see Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Congratulations to the Boys Soccer Players that were selected to All Bayside South All Conference teams. First Team Selections were: Goalkeeper Nick Hernandez, Defender Ryan McLaughlin, Forward Brogan Eastlack. Second Team Selections were: Defender Owen Knerr, Midfielder Dalton Bunting, Forward Holden Bunting.

Honorable Mentions were: Defender Finn Ramnarain, Defender Collin Bunting, Midfielder Gabe Geiser, Midfielder Sean O’Halloran. Senior All-Star game Selections for next Tuesday at Queen Annes high school are: Ryan McLaughlin, Owen Knerr, Dalton Bunting, and Gabe Geiser.

At 6:30 PM Varsity Cheer travels to Potomac High for the Football Game – dismissal at 11:30

At 6:30 PM Varsity Football plays at Potomac High School in the State Quarterfinals – dismissal at 11:30

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!