Monday, December 19

Today Celebrates: Look for an Evergreen Day and Oatmeal Muffin Day!

Lunch for today includes: Cheeseburger, Chicken Tenders with Roll, Steamed Broccoli, Steamed Mixed Vegetables, Diced Peaches, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! It was a tough battle for the best decorated doors, but the results are in. With 209 votes and an overall rating of 4.5, the winning door and class is… Ms. Hommel’s class! Strong contenders were Mr. Krall’s class, Mr. Marx, Mr. Foell, and the Library! Thank you everyone for your participation!

Today, the Spinebreaker’s will discussing up to page 390 in the book Firekeeper’s Daughter in the media center! Please remember to attend regardless of if you are up-to-date or haven’t read a page! Also, we will be picking our next book for after break: which will be a perfect time to join! If you have questions for the Spinebreakers please see Mrs.Terlizzi, Mr.Thompson, or Mr.vonRigler for details.

Attention students interested in computer science and math! Grayson Wolf and Myra Cropper, two Decatur alumni, will be presenting their experiences as computer science majors and college students at University of Maryland – College Park and William and Mary on Thursday, January 5th from 3 until 4 pm in A-121, Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott’s room. That’s the week we return from winter break. All are welcome. Just sign up using the link on Schoology.

Registration for the winter session of the After School Academy is open. Sign up using the QR code posted throughout the building or by completing the form located on the After School Academy page on our school website. Decatur offers many different programs for students, so check it out, there may be something just for you!

It’s peanut butter jelly time! Diakonia is in need of peanut butter and jelly to give to community members in need! Please consider donating jars of peanut butter and jelly from now until December 21st. Donations can be dropped off in Mrs Chetelat’s room.

Calling all writers! The Ocean City – Berlin Optimist Club is encouraging area students to complete an essay as part of the Optimist International Essay Contest. This year’s official topic is “Who is an Everyday Hero that Brings Out the Optimism in You?” Check the SDHS Schoology page or see any English teacher or Ms. Tindley in guidance for more information. Deadline for submission is December 21.

Seniors! Time is running out to have your senior portraits taken! All yearbook photos MUST be taken through Prestige Portraits and those photos MUST be taken by February 1st. Schedule an appointment time in the Lifetouch studio in Salisbury before you leave on break!

Hold on to your memories by purchasing your copy of the 2023 Seahawk yearbook. Copies are now 80 dollars but that price increases to 95 dollars on February 1st. Don’t delay, pre-order today at yearbookforever.com!

At 4:00 PM Boys and Girls Wrestling compete at North Dorchester – dismissal at 1:15

At 4:30 PM Boys JV Basketball takes on Pocomoke at home

At 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Basketball battles Pocomoke at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!