Tuesday, January 3

Today Celebrates: Fruitcake Toss Day, Humiliation Day, and Festival of Sleep Day!

Lunch for today includes: Rotini with Meat Sauce, Chicken Tenders with Roll, Garlic Toast, Steamed Corn, Applesauce Cup, and Milk.

This is just a friendly reminder that the After School Academy begins TODAY. Students must be registered in order to participate. Be sure to check out all of the programs listed on posters throughout the building. Registration is available through the QR code or by clicking on the link provided on Schoology.

Students interested in computer science and math! Grayson Wolf and Myra Cropper, two Decatur alumni, will be presenting their experiences as computer science majors and college students this Thursday, January 5th from 3 until 4 pm in A-121, Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott’s room. All are welcome to join. Just sign up using the link on Schoology.

Decatur Film Society members. We will meet after school today in the DNN studio. We will briefly discuss The Polar Express from before break, and will then vote on our next film. Make sure you sign up for the After School Academy if you plan on going Film Society during the winter session.

This is a friendly reminder that parent teacher conferences will take place this Thursday from 5:00 until 7:00 p.m. This is a great time to speak with your teachers about the last few weeks of the semester. Also, there will be an information session for parents of students who wish to take dual-enrollment courses next semester in the media center. That session begins at 5:00. Check in with your teachers if you have any questions.

Congratulations to the JV Girls Basketball team on their 5th win of the year over WiHi 33 to 15. The team was led by Brooke Berquist’s 10 points and Lotus Wise’s 5 points and 12 rebounds!

Congratulations to the Varsity Girl’s Basketball team for last night’s 71 to 37 victory over WiHi. The Seahawk offense was led by senior captain Mayah Gardner with 29 points followed by sophomores Sam Boger and Allison Swift with 21 and 14 points respectively. Way to go Seawhawks!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!