Wednesday, January 4

Today Celebrates: National Spaghetti Day and Trivia Day!

Lunch for today includes: Soft Taco with Beef Filling, Chicken Patty Sandwich, Steamed Carrots, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, and Milk.

Students interested in computer science and math! Grayson Wolf and Myra Cropper, two Decatur alumni, will be presenting their experiences as computer science majors and college students this Thursday, January 5th from 3 until 4 pm in A-121, Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott’s room. All are welcome to join. Just sign up using the link on Schoology.

Art Club will meet this Thursday at 3:00 pm. All students must sign up for the Winter After School Academy session, even if you do not require transportation after school. Students who do require transportation should sign up no later than TODAY to guarantee a seat on the bus for Thursday. Please see Mrs. Fardelmann or Mrs. Berquist if you have any questions.

Decatur Nation! The end of the semester is quickly approaching! Schedule an appointment with the Seahawk Writing Center to obtain assistance with your essays and other written work! Scan the Blue QR code around the school to schedule a half-hour session with a writing tutor. End the semester on a high note! 30 minutes can chance your tune, and grade!

Do you find yourself humming at random times? Do you belt out those melodies and harmonies in the shower! If you love singing and dancing then the SDHS choir and show choir may be the class you need! Speak to MR. Gross and your guidance counselor about including choir and/or show choir next semester and next year! No experience necessary, but fun is required!

This is a friendly reminder that parent teacher conferences will take place this Thursday from 5:00 until 7:00 p.m. This is a great time to speak with your teachers about the last few weeks of the semester. Also, there will be an information session for parents of students who wish to take dual-enrollment courses next semester in the media center. That session begins at 5:00. Check in with your teachers if you have any questions.

At 2:00 PM Boys and Girls Indoor Track compete at Worcester Rec Center – dismissal at 12:15

At 5:00 PM JV and Varsity Wrestling battles North Caroline at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!