Tuesday, January 17

Today Celebrates: Kid Inventors Day and Ditch New Years Resolutions Day!

Lunch for today includes: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce and Garlic Toast, Chicken Patty Sandwich, Steamed Broccoli, Steamed Mixed Vegetables, Pineapple bits, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

The LGBTQ+ fact of the week is: The term Asexual, sometimes abbreviated as ACE, in regard to sexual orientation refers to a person who experiences no sexual attraction. Some celebrities who identify as asexual are singer- songwriter for the Pixies Kim Deal, and model Yasmin Benoit.

The Intro to Theatre class would like to invite you to a series of staged readings. This year’s production, Under the Bridge, is a student devised show written and performed by the Intro to Theatre class, and narrated by Seniors Landon Pryor and Eddie Aksu. The production goes up Thursday, January 19 at 6:30 pm in the Black Box Theatre. Tickets are $5 for adults, and $3 for students. For more information or to order tickets online, visit www.decaturtheatre.com. We look forward to seeing you there!

Decatur Nation! The end of the semester is one week away! Schedule an appointment with the Seahawk Writing Center to obtain assistance with your essays and other written work! Scan the QR code around the school to schedule a half-hour session with a writing tutor. End the semester on a high note! 30 minutes can change your tune, and grade!

Congratulations to the boys and girls indoor track teams who competed on Wednesday in meet #4 at the Worcester County Indoor Track in Snow Hill. The girls team placed 13th overall across 26 teams and the boys team placed 19th.

Scoring for the girls include the 4X800 team of Alessandra Fernandez, Clarice Piela, Ellie Cheynet, and Macy Woroniecki. Macy Woroniecki scored in the 1600m run placing 7th and in the 3200m run placing 3rd. Tiara McDonald scored in the 500m run.

Scoring for the boys team include Brandon Karvoski in the high sum, Wylon Hobgood in the 55m dash, and the boys 4X200 team made up of Riley Calloway, Ethan Cowder, Jaden Holland and Waylon Hobgood.

All of the athletes worked hard against a strong field of competition. Best of luck to you next Wednesday at the Bayside meet in Snow Hill.

At 3:00 PM Girls and Boys Swim take on Pocomoke and Sussex Central in Pocomoke – dismissal at 12:45

At 3:30 PM Unified Bowling competes in Pocomoke – dismissal at 2:00

At 4:30 PM Boys JV Basketball plays at Bennett – departure at 3:15

At 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Basketball plays at Bennett – departure also at 3:15

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!