Wednesday, January 18

Today Celebrates: Thesaurus Day and Winnie the Pooh Day!

Lunch for today includes: Breaded Mozzarella Cheese Sticks, BBQ Pork Sandwich, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Steamed Green Beans, Mixed and Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

PROMise is back again to host their 8th annual prom gown giveaway at Parkside High School in Salisbury this Saturday, January 21st from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm. The PROMise Project is a non-profit organization that provides dresses for girls across the Eastern Shore. This event will feature more than one thousand prom gowns ranging in sizes 0 to 26.

All gowns have been donated to the non-profit organization throughout the years by various local retail shops. The event is free and open to all Delmarva high school students. Students must present a valid high school ID for admittance to the event. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Johnson in room C-129.

With final exams one week away, many students may not know what to expect, especially after the past several exam-free years. DNN’s Chloe Kohut and Mia Kemp have the story. (Roll Final Exams 3:09). For more information on finals, be sure to speak to your teachers.

The Seahawk Writing Center is looking for writing tutors. If you need a way to earn service hours here at school, if you like helping fellow students, if you like learning about various writing styles and rhetoric, or if you want to join National English Honor Society in the future, come visit the writing center in B1072 after school. Applications are taken on a rolling basis.

Spots for the field trip to Salisbury University’s writing center are almost full. If you are interested in going, please contact Mrs. Terlizzi as soon as possible. It’s a great way to see what a writing center can offer, but there are limited seats available. If you need a permission slip, see Mrs. Terlizzi or Ms. Soulsman.

The Intro to Theatre class would like to invite you to a series of staged readings. This year’s production, Under the Bridge, is a student devised show written and performed by the Intro to Theatre class, and narrated by Seniors Landon Pryor and Eddie Aksu. The production goes up Thursday, January 19 at 6:30 pm in the Black Box Theatre. Tickets are $5 for adults, and $3 for students. For more information or to order tickets online, visit www.decaturtheatre.com. We look forward to seeing you there!

Hold on to your memories by purchasing your copy of the 2023 Seahawk yearbook. Copies are 80 dollars but that price increases to 95 dollars in two weeks on February 1st! Don’t delay, pre-order today at yearbookforever.com!

At 2:00 PM Girls and Boys Indoor Track compete at Worcester Recreational Center – dismissal at 12:15

At 4:30 PM Girls JV Basketball takes on Bennett at home

At 5:00 PM JV and Varsity Wrestling competes at Queen Anne’s – dismissal at 1:30

At 6:00 PM Girls Varsity Basketball battles Bennett at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!