Thursday, May 18

Today Celebrates: Visit Your Relatives Day, No Dirty Dishes Day, and International Museum Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken Fajitas, Sloppy Joe Sandwich, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Steamed Turnip Greens, Applesauce, Roll, and Milk.

This is a friendly reminder to all After School Academy participants that TODAY is the last day of The After School Academy. Thank you to everyone for a great year with our After School programs!

Good News Seniors! As time winds down, please be sure to turn in your textbooks, devices, uniforms, and/or any other items that are due to the school, your teachers or coaches. A debt list will be created by the end of the week and your diploma will be held if your name is listed on it. See Mr. Berquist starting TOMORROW to make sure that you are in the clear. If you no longer need your iPad, early collection is NOW OPEN! Please bring all tech items to the media center to get checked off.

And finally seniors! Your baby/toddler photos are needed! You have 2 days to get them in or you WILL NOT appear in the pre-graduation video! Submit ONE baby photo to [email protected] by the end of the day TOMORROW! Make sure you include your first AND last name in the subject line. You will receive a reply email confirming your submission. If you have a hard copy of a photo, you can bring it in to Mr. Thompson to be scanned and returned, just make sure your full name is written on the back of the photo.

Attention all first semester marching band students. Yes, you, the marching band from the Fall of 2022. This is a reminder that Memorial Day is NEXT weekend. That means we have a parade coming up and the marching band is headlining the event. Mr. Foell has mailed parade information home. Plus, keep listening to the announcements for reminders each day as we get closer to Memorial Day Weekend. Mr. Foell will see you real soon!

Attention Juniors! You’ve asked for it and now it is here… the SCIENCE NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY. Stop by and see Ms. Kinsler in room D-154 if you have completed an AP science course and are interested in getting an informational letter about joining! Applications are to be completed by Wednesday, May 31st in order to be considered as a member for the 2023-24 school year.

Calling all artists! Are you looking for an opportunity to get your artwork published? Do you want to be a part of a creative collective? Then here’s some great news! It’s not too late to submit your art to be included in Stephen Decatur’s literary magazine, Imprints. Your art will be featured alongside poems, short stories, and works of nonfiction created by other students. Scan the QR code posted around the building or talk to Mrs. Zervakos in room C151 for more information.

Decatur Theatre would like to invite you to its annual production of Shakespeare Under the Stars. A Midsummer Night’s Dream, a Comedy in 5 Acts, will be running performances TONIGHT and Friday night at 7:00, as well as Saturday, May 20th at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm in the Gladys C. Burbage Courtyard Theatre. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and can be purchased at the door or online at www.decaturtheatre.com. If there are any questions about tickets or the production, see Mr. Cater in the Black Box Theatre. We look forward to seeing you there.

Attention Film Society members, please meet in Mr. Thompson’s room, the DNN studio at 11:10 a.m. TODAY for our yearbook photo. The photo will take approximately 5 minutes so please be prompt.

Attention Spinebreakers, we will be discussing up to page 153 this upcoming Monday. Hopefully, the “Silent Patient” has more to say next week! Remember to grab your copy and head to the library! We will also be taking our yearbook photo at this gathering, so please plan on attending.

Interested in becoming a Decatur cheerleader? Sign up for the Cheer Clinic on June 10th beginning at 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Learn and work on stunting, tumbling, jumps, cheer, and dance! The clinic is open for any current and future Seahawk cheerleader aged 5 to 18. Registration is $30 for current Decatur students, and $45 for non-students. If you have any questions, see Coach Johnson in room C129.

Congratulations to Matt Beck and David Janney on their 2A East Regional Boys Tennis Doubles Championship. Matt and David defended their regional championship win from a year ago with a win over a tough North Caroline team yesterday in Cambridge to be back to back Regional Champions. David and Matt will be headed to the state quarterfinals on May 25 at Frederick High School.

Congratulations to Emily Ferguson for being the 2A East Regional runner up in girls tennis singles. She had a hard fought match against North Caroline.

Also, congratulations to Briggs Pugner, Sarah Tarr, Jake Ritz, Kalli Nordstrom and Anika Karli for a great showing at the 2A East Regional Tennis Tournament.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!