Local businesses attend Decatur job fair

March 26, 2018

The twentieth annual job fair came and went on March 20. 39 vendors attended the event, including, but not limited to: Royal Farms, K-Coast Surf Shop, Walmart, Chick-Fil-A and Gap. Many employers stated it was a bigger turnout than they expected and many job hopefuls were confident in their interviews.

“We are looking for local kids before we look for others. We have already met friendly, outgoing people, and have had good interviews,” explained representative for K-Coast Surf Shop.

“The job fair set up is cool and there is a nice atmosphere. We hope the local youth put their best foot forward!””

— Cana Morningstar

She also exclaimed, “The job fair set up is cool and there is a nice atmosphere. We hope the local youth put their best foot forward!”

Representing Chick-Fil-A, Bill Eskridge expressed how important entry-level jobs are for students, and how they “shape you for the future.” Eskridge believes the job fair is a “wonderful opportunity” for students to get their names out there and find jobs.

Gap representative, Angie Emerick talked about how they were, “looking for candidates who were inspired by fashion.” Emerick explained further, “We want to help students who are eager to grow, learn, and build their resume.”

Moreover, students were just as impressed as the representatives. “The job fair was a good experience and everything was set up nicely,” conveyed junior De’ija Bowen.

In addition, junior Matthew Rieke also relayed his experience. Rieke claimed, “The job fair has been A+ so far. I am looking for a job for me and also my brother.”

This year’s job fair was a success, leaving both students and employers happy. While some students who attended the job fair are still waiting to hear back from employers, many have already been offered jobs.

The Hawk • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in