“Come travel the world with us” at Stephen Decatur High School prom on April 28. (Caroline Kurtz)
“Come travel the world with us” at Stephen Decatur High School prom on April 28.

Caroline Kurtz

Grab your ticket for around the world

April 13, 2018

Students planning on taking a trip “Around the World” will need to complete new requirements to gain admission to the prom on April 28, 2018, at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center.

“Buying prom tickets is the easiest it’s ever been,” said Principal Tom Zimmer.

The new way of buying tickets benefits the school and students by decreasing student debts and making the process of buying a ticket more efficient.

“Mr. Greenwood has computerized the buying of prom tickets and has made the process more efficient,” Zimmer stated.

Prom adviser Jamie Greenwood stated, “The cost of prom tickets are $55, but we give a discount three weeks in advance to encourage students to buy tickets.”

“Including decorations, giveaways, and food the cost to book prom is around $20,000,” said Greenwood.

The prom committee includes roughly 15 juniors who decided on an “Around the World” theme.

“We make decorations, choose the food, and set up,” prom adviser junior Sierra Payne said.

Prom tickets are used for covering the expenses of decorations, venue rental, and catering. The only other fundraiser used to raise money for the expenses of prom is homecoming t-shirt sales.

For additional information on prom or prom tickets, contact Jamie Greenwood.

The Hawk • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in