EverFi certification for 46 students

Jenna Bradford

Everyone poses with Kurt Marx and the Ocean City bank representatives.

Jenna Bradford, Feature Editor

EverFi is an interactive financial literacy teaching program that uses things like adaptive-pathing, 3-D gaming, social networking, online animations, video, and messaging tools to evolve a student’s financial IQ according to the Coastal Dispatch.

The 10-unit course contains about six hours of programming and serves to certify participants in over 600 topics related to finance.

Stephen Decatur students are becoming more financially literate by participating in Everfi, a program that educates participants on over 600 different aspects of finance.

Sponsored by the Bank of Ocean City, this national program enables students to prepare for economic decisions they may face in the future through the application of social networking, 3-D gaming, videos, and other educational tools.

Business/Finance teacher Kurt Marx has lead the program for five and a half years now. When asked why he participates in the program he said, “I thought it would be an excellent, interactive way for students to learn about financial literacy in a self-paced environment.”

Students who have participated in EverFi see the program as a highly beneficial experience.

With 46 students passing the course and becoming certified, the latest course for this program has an 85 percent success rate. This is Decatur’s most successful year of the program to date.

Students who have missed out on this opportunity to participate in EverFi still have a chance to get involved in the program as it is offered twice a year.