• February 12Sophomore Anya Knappenberger & Jagger Clapsadle awarded Jan. Premier Driving School's Athletes of the Month

• February 12Decatur praises senior Dana Kim for becoming a National Merit Finalist

• February 11Congrats to the choir students who made it into All Shore Choir

• February 11Congrats to the girls swim team for winning the 2019 Bayside Championship

• February 11Congrats to the wrestling team for winning the state championship

• January 15Congrats to Mrs. Smith for becoming Decatur's 2019 Teacher of the Year

• January 15Congrats to Coach Krall for acceptance into the 2019 Eastern Shore Golf Hall of Fame

Swimmers on their marks

Swim team guides young swimmers

Flickr

Sibel Lorentz, Staff writer

Swimmers, take your marks…the SDHS swim team is assisting the Worcester County fourth grade swim program at the Ocean Pines Sports Core Pool.

The goal of the program is to help students gain access to safety instruction and basic swimming skills. This unique opportunity started May 8 and continues until May 24.

This allows the “team to build a strong relationship with our community and to foster the love of swimming in our county’s youth” varsity swim coach Mary Hathaway shared.

Sophomore Delaney Williams expressed her thoughts on the program, and shared her experience. “It was very fun to help out with the program, and it was a neat experience. It was nice to do it for the first time, and going into it I didn’t know much about it, but it met my expectations,” Williams explained. “When we were helping out the kids, they took in what we were telling them, and they had fun while doing it. I think if they stick to it, and keep doing what they are doing, then I do think it will be a lasting program,” Williams further explained.

“We taught them basic water safety skills, like what to do if they get caught in a riptide, and how to get out of it. I thought most of the kids would know how to swim, but when we got there, it seemed like half the kids didn’t really know how to swim, and that they were never taught,” senior Fallon Brown stated. “I think the outcome was great. Most of the kids who went in not knowing how to swim, were not taught how to float, didn’t know how to tread water, or get out of bad situations, learned something. I do think it should be a lasting program, because every kid should know how to get out of a scary situation,” Brown continued.

• Swimmers on their marks

Sports

Decatur girls swim team dominates First Annual Bayside Championship

• Swimmers on their marks

Sports

Boys Basketball

• Swimmers on their marks

Sports

Girls basketball against Crisfield Crabbers

• Swimmers on their marks

Sports

[UPDATED]Who runs the mat? GIRLS

• Swimmers on their marks

Sports

Decatur football defeats Snow Hill

• Swimmers on their marks

Sports

Dutton scores commitment to college

• Swimmers on their marks

Sports

Bocce teams comes close to gold, but rolled too short

• Swimmers on their marks

Sports

Shaquem Griffin: Overcomes the impossible

• Swimmers on their marks

Sports

Softball

• Swimmers on their marks

Sports

Girls’ Lacrosse

Swimmers on their marks