Best vacation locations

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Looking for a place to visit to show off on Instagram? Maybe you just want to see a new country. Maybe you’re just a traveler who’s looking for a new place. Maybe this summer you want to see some cool new sights. Maybe you’re taking a year before college to travel. Here are some Instagram-worthy places to visit:

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Hallelujah Mountains

The Hallelujah mountains are located in China. They are extraordinary because they appear to float in midair. These mountains offer a breathtaking view that is without compare. These mountains were used in the filming of the film “Avatar.”

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Hang Son Doong

This is the largest cave in the world. Located in Vietnam. It is complete with its own vegetation, water systems, and atmosphere. To get to the cave you have to walk six hours through a forest to reach the cave opening (sondoongcave.org).

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Zhangye Danxia

Zhangye Danxia is another picture worthy place to visit in China. The rainbow mountains make for the perfect photo-op. The best time to visit is from June to September, since this is when the weather is at its peak. Even though this is the usual time for you to be wearing shorts, you should bring a jacket, as the temperature drops at night (chinahighlights.com).

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Baños, Ecuador

Baños, Ecuador, has many beautiful places to visit and many things to see, but the one thing you should visit is the Swing at the End of the World. This is an attraction for many daredevils and adrenaline junkies. The spot was originally a volcano monitoring station, but when the keeper decided to put a swing there, people flocked to the spot. The owner charges $1 per person and half-price for kids (bbc.com).

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Great Blue Hole, Belize

The Great Blue Hole is a large sinkhole in the ocean. You can dive in and see the marine life. It’s the largest natural sinkhole in the world. The hole reaches 410 feet deep (belize.com).

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Mendenhall Ice Caves, Alaska

Most people may not wish to visit areas of the world that are cold, but this may be the exception. These caves are located inside the Mendenhall Glacier in Alaska. In order to reach the caves, you must kayak across the water and climb over the glacier. Unfortunately, global warming is causing the glacier to retreat incredibly fast, so you might want to get there soon while you still have the chance (atlasobscura.com)!

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia

Salar de Uyuni is the world’s largest salt flat. Every once in a while, the nearby lakes overflow and cover the salt in a small layer of water, making them look like a place in heaven. You can basically walk on water and capture amazing photos. There are tours run by local towns and cities where they take you on day trips there and back (nationalgeographic.com).

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Sua Ocean Trench Cotefaga Village, Upolu, Samoa

The Sua Ocean Trench is located in the country of Samoa in Oceania. The trench is about 98.5 feet deep. The only way to get in is by the ladder and a small sitting platform. It costs $15 to enter but it is definitely worth the cost (traveller.com.au). 

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Glowworm Caves Waitomo, New Zealand

To reach this spectacular sight, you can go on a tour which takes you through by boat, or if you choose, walking. Another way to enter is blackwater rafting, where you will crawl, swim, or float through on a rubber tube (newzealand.com).

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Watkins Glen State Park, New York

This beautiful state park has 200-foot cliffs with 19 waterfalls. You can go camping here, see the beautiful sights, and swim in the lakes with the flowing waterfalls (parks.ny.gov).

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Oia, Santorini, Greece

Oia, Santorini, located in Greece, is the most famous village of Santorini. Its sunset is one of the most popular attractions, along with its simplistic atmosphere. When visiting Oia and walking down its narrow streets, you will notice its buildings’ bright blue roofs. Sailing is also a main attraction to Oia, along with its picturesque views (Greeka.com).

.Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

This is Croatia’s most popular attraction. This national park has 16 lakes connected by glorious waterfalls and has many species of wildlife. The park  has no bad time of the year to visit. With the changing of the seasons, the trees turn different colors and add to the beautiful environment (visit-croatia.co.uk).

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Blue Lagoon, Iceland

This is the year-round spa in Iceland that has everyone captivated. Anyone aged two and up are welcome to visit this amazing attraction. The water is full of minerals that are beneficial for your skin. The average weather is 102 degrees Fahrenheit, so bring a bathing suit. (guidetoiceland.is).

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Malta, Italy

Malta is a small island off the coast of Sicily, Italy. This beautiful island has architecture from the past. The whole island can be described as a large museum. The colors of the buildings contrast against the blue sea beautifully. This is the ultimate place to visit, as it is not well-known and you will be able to see things very few have seen before (visitmalta.com).

Sibel Lorentz
Cappadocia, Turkey 

Cappadocia, located in central Turkey, is known for its “fairy chimneys” and hot air balloon tours. When visiting Cappadocia, you will be greeted by friendly people, unique foods and architecture, and the occasional camel. ATV, horse, camel, and hot air balloon tours are very popular in Cappadocia, along with stays in cave hotels, which for most, is a once in a lifetime experience.

Sibel Lorentz
Horseshoe Bay, Bermuda 

Horseshoe Bay Beach is located in Southampton, Bermuda, and is home to the popular pink sand beach and clear blue waters. Horseshoe Bay gets its name from its horseshoe shape, curved against the waters of the Atlantic. Snorkeling is a popular experience provided by the beach and island of Bermuda, and parrot fish, angelfish, and many more colorful aquatic animals are frequently seen. The unique pink sand contains tiny pieces of coral and shell dust that keeps the sand from becoming too hot, so it is the perfect place to lay and relax (bermuda-attractions.com).

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Venice, U.S.A.

The Venetian in Las Vegas is best known for its striking resemblance to Venice, Italy. When in Venice, you can ride through the Great Canal in a gondola and shop in the beautiful stores that line the mall. Indoor and outdoor gondola rides are available, but don’t worry; the indoor rides still have faux skies that are indistinguishable (venetian.com).

• Best vacation locations

Opinion

Why pride month is important

• Best vacation locations

Opinion

On the fence about fences

• Best vacation locations

Opinion

Saving oceans one straw free drink at a time

• Best vacation locations

Opinion

Does coffee cause cancer?

• Best vacation locations

Opinion

Are online schools as helpful as they seem?

• Best vacation locations

Opinion

Column: My experience in a sensory deprivation tank

• Best vacation locations

Opinion

Fed up with countless mass shootings in America

• Best vacation locations

Opinion

Puerto Rico: 51st State?

• Best vacation locations

Opinion

New HHS subdivision opens the door for discrimination

• Best vacation locations

Opinion

Seven banned words

Best vacation locations