Thursday, June 7

Today Celebrates: National Chocolate Ice Cream Day and VCR Day.

Lunch for today includes: Whole Grain Mozzarella Sticks w Marinara Sauce, Manager’s Choice, Steamed Green Beans, Chilled Pears, Milk.

Decatur Nation! It’s the time of the year for class officer elections! If you are interested in running for a class office, please obtain your Officer Intent Form from the designated advisor and submit it by the deadline of 3pm TODAY. Please be advised that SGA elections will be held in the fall. Class advisors are as follows:

For senior class: Mr. Berquist or Mrs. Maureen Brittingham

For junior class: Mr. Greenwood or Ms. Galello

For sophomore class: Mrs. Purnell or Mrs. Zervakos

Also, here is the timeline for the election process:

June 7 @ 3pm: Officer Intent Forms due to advisors

June 7 – 12: Election campaigns

June 12: Ballots/voting instructions distributed to homeroom teachers

June 13: School-wide elections

June 14: Announcement of winners

Finally, students are to be reminded that there are guidelines for candidates as well as officers. Please be positive and supportive throughout the campaign. Best of luck!

The Hotel and Restaurant Management program at Worcester Tech is looking for students who are ready to jump into the the world of hotels and restaurants. Whether you want to own your own or manage one – this program is for you. It’s a 2 year program – you get to experience trips to New York City and Washington DC. Please see your school counselor today to register. If you register by Friday you will receive a Free Gift from Hospitality. Be on the look out for Piney the Pineapple in your lunch room this week!

On June 8, CNN is asking students around the world to celebrate World Oceans Day with a Zero Plastic Lunch – a lunch with no single-use plastics. Students are encouraged to share photos of their lunches, and videos explaining what changes they made to their lunch and why, with CNN on social media and email using the hashtags #zeroplasticlunch, #surfriderclubs. Make sure you tag @surfrider, @SDHSseahawks, and @SDHSsurfrider on twitter! The best submissions will be featured on TV and CNN.com’s live online blog on June 8! We know you are all doing great work in this realm and would love to have our clubs featured!

Student laptop collection will continue today. Students should save any files that they would like to keep to a pen drive or Office 365. Make sure to complete a Work Order if anything is wrong with your laptop so it can be reported to Dell on this calendar year that ends July 1. Additionally, all library books should be returned at this time. Thank you.

Decatur! This is a shout out to everyone: students, teachers and all staff: check your lockers, your rooms, your homes, and especially your couch cushions, for used crayons to discard. Bring them in and drop them off in the bin by the office to support the Key Club Crayon Initiative! All crayons will be recycled and sent to children’s hospitals across the United States. Please support this important cause, and see any Key Club advisor or officer for any questions. We will be collecting these USED crayons for two weeks. Let’s color the country as a school… thank you.

There will be a Relay For Life interest meeting on Tuesday, June 12th in the DNN studio, directly after school. This meeting will address the Bark For Life Event next September, our hopes and goals for next year, while also answering any questions regarding the event and club. If you are interested in joining Relay, but cannot attend the meeting, please see Mr. Thompson next week. We hope to see you all there!

There will be a meeting for all those interested in joining the cross country team on Monday June 11th at 2:50 in D153. Attendance is mandatory and the meeting should last approximately 15 minutes!

There will be a girls soccer interest meeting will take place after school Monday in Mrs. Berke’s room A169

Attention anyone interested in trying out for the boys soccer team next fall there will be a brief interest meeting directly after school on Monday in the cafeteria. Please bring a writing utensil or some nature. Again there will be a boys soccer interest meeting this Monday right after school in the cafeteria. See Mr. Greenwood with questions.

This is a friendly reminder that all spring sport team areas should be cleaned out by noon TODAY. Locks will be cut, people put on the debt list, and belongings to the lost and found.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Terrific Thursday Decatur!

Thursday, June 7