Monday, June 11

Today Celebrates: National Corn on the Cob Day, and Last Monday of the school year!

Lunch for today includes: Spaghetti w Meat Sauce, Cheese MAX Stick, Oven Fries, Steamed Broccoli, Chilled Apple Sauce, Milk

Any student who still has a laptop should be sent to the Media Center to return them today before the debt list is created. Additionally, all library books should be returned at this time. Thank you.

The Hotel and Restaurant Management program at Worcester Tech is looking for students who are ready to jump into the the world of hotels and restaurants. Whether you want to own your own or manage one – this program is for you. It’s a 2 year program – you get to experience trips to New York City and Washington DC. Please see your school counselor today to register.

Decatur! Help support the Key Club Crayon Initiative by donating used crayons. Bring them in and drop them off in the bin by the main office. All crayons will be recycled and sent to children’s hospitals across the United States. Please support this important cause, and see any Key Club advisor or officer for any questions. We will be collecting these USED crayons until Wednesday, June 13th. Let’s color the country as a school!

Decatur Nation! It’s the time of the year for class officer elections! Please be advised that SGA elections will be held in the fall. Here is the timeline for the election process:

June 7 – 12: Election campaigns

June 12: Ballots/voting instructions distributed to homeroom teachers

June 13: School-wide elections

June 14: Announcement of winners

Finally, students are to be reminded that there are guidelines for candidates as well as officers. Please be positive and supportive throughout the campaign. Best of luck!

There will be a Relay For Life interest meeting TOMORROW, June 12th in the DNN studio, directly after school. This meeting will address the Bark For Life Event next September, our hopes and goals for next year, while also answering any questions regarding the event and team. If you are interested in joining Relay, but cannot attend the meeting, please see Mr. Thompson. We hope to see you all there!

There will be a meeting for all those interested in joining the cross country team TODAY, at 2:50 in D153. Attendance is mandatory and the meeting should last approximately 15 minutes!

There will be a girls soccer interest meeting after school TODAY in Mrs. Berke’s room A169

Attention anyone interested in trying out for the boys soccer team next fall there will be a brief interest meeting directly after school TODAY in the cafeteria. Please bring a writing utensil of some nature. Again there will be a boys soccer interest meeting this Monday right after school in the cafeteria. See Mr. Greenwood with questions.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!

Monday, June 11