• February 12Sophomore Anya Knappenberger & Jagger Clapsadle awarded Jan. Premier Driving School's Athletes of the Month

• February 12Decatur praises senior Dana Kim for becoming a National Merit Finalist

• February 11Congrats to the choir students who made it into All Shore Choir

• February 11Congrats to the girls swim team for winning the 2019 Bayside Championship

• February 11Congrats to the wrestling team for winning the state championship

• January 15Congrats to Mrs. Smith for becoming Decatur's 2019 Teacher of the Year

• January 15Congrats to Coach Krall for acceptance into the 2019 Eastern Shore Golf Hall of Fame

Let’s Intro[duce] you to theatre

Let’s Intro[duce] you to theatre

Jenna Bradford, Feature editor

Introduction to Theatre students showcased their talents with a collection of student devised plays, “One Good Turn,” on June 7 and 8. The plays, comedic in nature, had such originality that provided the audience with immense laughter.

Theatre teacher Brandon Michael Cater directed the plays along with veteran theatre students juniors Marissa Wheaton and Sara Bianca. The plays were a form of devised theatre, in which the actors wore black and used their scripts. Wheaton and Bianca were able to use their extensive experience in the department to help mold the plays into comical pieces. There were a total of seven shows.

Overall, these shows were unique and left the crowd laughing until the very end. New plays are devised each year, and students continue to impress the audiences year after year.

A glimpse into the plays

The first play, “One Ocean” was about a whale, named Lexi, in SeaWorld that was rescued and made part of the ocean show. With the help of Norma and Janna, the show is a success and she transitions into her new home beautifully.

The next show called, “The Barry Flinger Show,” was about a couple who goes on T.V to talk about their relationship while sharing secrets. Although it is obvious that the couple is on T.V for fame and nothing more, the reveals made one laugh until they could not breathe. One highlight from this show in particular, was when the actors broke the fourth wall with the line “what are we? Actors?!”

The third show, called, “The Play,” was about an actor who just could not remember his lines, leaving his fellow actors and director frustrated. The audience viewed the play as funny and were left  with a faint sense of the movie “Inception.”

The next play was titled “The Milkman.” This show followed a customer trying to buy milk while the clerk seemed to have been hypnotised. Everytime he hears the word ‘milk’ his personality changes.  

“Cruzando La Frontera (Crossing the Border)” was about two twins, who were separated at birth. They contact each other and set out to cross the border to be together because no barrier can keep them apart.

“Lover’s Conquest” was a dating game show where the contestants are not exactly who they seem. The first participant was a liar and the audience found out he had a wife back at home. The second contender found love and ran off.

In the last play, “Taxi Ride,” the taxi driver gets a very peculiar customer who breaks all the rules and would not stop talking. Everyone was left laughing and the poor taxi driver had another unruly bunch at the end.

• Let’s Intro[duce] you to theatre

News

Worcester County celebrates its 150 years of operation

• Let’s Intro[duce] you to theatre

News

Ocean temperatures on the rise

• Let’s Intro[duce] you to theatre

News

George H.W. Bush secretly sponsored child

• Let’s Intro[duce] you to theatre

News

Winterfest of Lights takes over Ocean City

• Let’s Intro[duce] you to theatre

News

Decatur’s roaring 2018 homecoming week

• Let’s Intro[duce] you to theatre

News

New theater to open in White Marlin Mall

• Let’s Intro[duce] you to theatre

News

Decatur students score nearly 12,000 service hours

• News

New beginnings await the new school year

• Let’s Intro[duce] you to theatre

News

Ocean City to embark on a straw free summer

• Let’s Intro[duce] you to theatre

News

The Crayon Initiative reaches the shore

Let’s Intro[duce] you to theatre