• November 9Canned Food Drive 12th through the 16th

• November 9American Education Week 12th through the 16th

• November 9Tryouts for Winter Sports

Monday, September 10

Today Celebrates: Sewing Machine Day and Swap Ideas Day.

Lunch for today includes: Cheese Max Sticks with Marinara, Fish Tacos and Slaw, Over Fries, Mixed Vegetables, Chilled Fruit, and Milk.

The governors of both North and South Carolina have issued state of emergencies far ahead of the approaching Hurricane Florence which is quickly strengthening to a category 4 storm. It’s too early to know the exact path, but forecasters said Florence could blow ashore in the Carolinas by Thursday. Regardless of the track the storm may take, Delmarva is sure to feel some sort of effects as the storm moves closer.

The city of Salisbury has already begun plans for next year’s National Folk Festival. Although the weather may have hampered the event this year, organizers say that locals came out in support of the event marking the first Salisbury extension a major success.

Attention Freshmen AND anyone interested in running for the Student Government Association: Fall elections will take place on Friday, September 14th. If you are planning to serve in the SGA or as a Freshman Class Officer, now is the time to get your nomination form. Freshmen: See Mrs. Culver or Mrs. Genovesi. For SGA: See Mrs. Berke or Mrs. Bova. Nomination forms will be due to the advisors by 3pm on Monday, September 10th. Campaigning will take place between Tuesday, September 11th and Thursday, September 13th.

Decatur Nation, the United as One club will be holding their first meeting on Wednesday, September 12th directly after school in Mrs. Patnode’s room. The meeting is open to anyone who would like to join or like to help support minority groups in our community. United at One Club meeting on Wednesday, September 12th. Light refreshments will be provided.

Do you Hate Cancer? So do we. Join the Decatur Relay For Life team on Thursday, September 13th after school in the DNN Studio for their first meeting of the year. We will be discussing out upcoming fundraiser and event, Bark For Life in Berlin. All are welcome! See Mr. Thompson if you have any questions. Relay For Life Team, Thursday, September 13th!

To those students who ordered a 2018 yearbook. Yearbooks will be arriving sometime this month and you will be notified of our distribution day once they have arrived. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

The 2019 yearbooks are on sale now! Pre-order your yearbook by going to yearbookforever.com They are only 50 dollars right now, so act fast! Use promo code Back2School for an additional 10 dollars off! This is for the 2019 yearbook, so pre-order today.

Seahawk Lyceum, that’s you NEHS member, will hold a mandatory meeting TOMORROW, September 11th. The meeting will start at 2:45 and last until 3:30 or 3:45. Please see Mrs. Terlizzi before the 11th if there is a scheduling problem.

At 4:00 Boys JV Soccer battles Crisfield at home

At 4:00 Girls Varsity Field Hockey takes on Worcester Prep at home

At 5:25 Boys Varsity Soccer plays Crisfield at home

At 5:30 Girls JV Field Hockey battles Parkside at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a magnificent Monday Decatur!!

Monday, September 10