• November 9Canned Food Drive 12th through the 16th

• November 9American Education Week 12th through the 16th

• November 9Tryouts for Winter Sports

Wednesday, September 12

Today Celebrates: National Chocolate Milkshake Day and National Video Games Day.

Lunch for today includes: Crispy Chicken Tenders, Bacon Cheeseburger, Baked Beans, Seasoned Turnip Greens, Chilled Applesauce, Roll, and Milk.

Students, the After School Academy fall session will begin on September 24th. Stop by the Curriculum Resource Office to see what programs are offered. Registration forms are now available in the main office, the guidance office, outside of the CRT, and on the school website. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Berquist.

Do you love the environment? Do you enjoy exploring the outdoors? The Stephen Decatur High School Bird Club is for you. All current and new members are invited to attend our first meeting this Monday right after school in Mrs. Saullo’s room. See you there!

Elections for the Student Government Association, Fall elections will take place on Friday, September 14th. Campaigning will take place between Tuesday, September 11th and Thursday, September 13th. Good luck candidates!

Do you need service hours? Would you like to build sets or act in a haunted house. If you are interested in helping with the NEHS haunted hallway and completing a service learning project, come to the meeting for volunteers in the cafeteria today after school. We will answer your questions and get you signed up for a fun filled service learning project. If you can’t make it, please see Mrs. Terlizzi before or after school for more information.

The Relay For Life Team meeting has been rescheduled for Tuesday, September 18th directly after school in the DNN Studio. Please see Mr. Thompson in the DNN studio with questions.

On September 26th during all lunch shifts you are invited to register to vote in the cafeteria. To register, you must have your driver’s license or last four digits of your social security number. You do not have to be 18 to register. If you know of a family member or friend who might like to register, or update an address, you can pick up an application to take to him/her also.

There will be an Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday at 7:25 am in A-121, Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott’s room. All are welcome!

Decatur Nation, the United as One club will be holding their first meeting on TODAY, directly after school in Mrs. Patnode’s room. The meeting is open to anyone who would like to join or like to help support minority groups in our community. United at One Club meeting on Wednesday, September 12th. Light refreshments will be provided.

Any one interested in playing on the Unified Tennis Team please meet at the front of the Media Center for a Meet N Greet with Ms. Dorman and Mr. Hall at 2:30 pm TODAY.

At 4:00 Boys Varsity Soccer plays at Washington High School – dismissal at 2:00

At 4:00 Varsity Field Hockey plays at Kent Island – dismissal at 1:00

Also at 4 Boys JV Football plays at Wicomico High – dismissal at 2:00

At 4:00 Cross Country competes at Parkside – dismissal at 2:15

At 5:30 JV Field Hockey plays at Kent Island – dismissal at 1:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Make it a fantastic day Decatur!!

Wednesday, September 12