Thursday, September 13

Today Celebrates: Defy Superstition Day, Fortune Cookie Day, Positive Thinking Day, and Uncle Sam Day!

Lunch for today includes: Meatball Wraps, Oriental Orange Chicken, Brown Rice, Steamed Broccoli, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Students, the After School Academy fall session will begin on September 24th. Stop by the Curriculum Resource Office to see what programs are offered. Registration forms are now available in the main office, the guidance office, outside of the CRT, and on the school website. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Berquist.

Do you love the environment? Do you enjoy exploring the outdoors? The Stephen Decatur High School Bird Club is for you. All current and new members are invited to attend our first meeting this Monday right after school in Mrs. Saullo’s room. See you there!

On September 26th during all lunch shifts you are invited to register to vote in the cafeteria. To register, you must have your driver’s license or last four digits of your social security number. You do not have to be 18 to register. If you know of a family member or friend who might like to register, or update an address, you can pick up an application to take to him/her also.

Do you need service hours? Would you like to build sets or act in a haunted house. If you are interested in helping with the NEHS haunted hallway and completing a service learning project, come to the meeting for volunteers in the cafeteria today after school. We will answer your questions and get you signed up for a fun filled service learning project. If you can’t make it, please see Mrs. Terlizzi before or after school for more information.

Elections for the Student Government Association, and Fall elections will take place TOMORROW Friday, September 14th. Today is the last day of campaigning, so know your candidates! Good luck everyone!

The Relay For Life Team meeting has been rescheduled for Tuesday, September 18th directly after school in the DNN Studio. Please see Mr. Thompson in the DNN studio with questions.

Are you in need of service learning hours? Are you interested in serving your community and making a difference in the lives of others? Then join the Key Club! Our first general meeting will be TODAY, Thursday, September 13th at 3:00 in Room C-145.

Congrats to the Golf team on their 2nd place finish yesterday at ocean City the team was lead by Emily Malinowski, Hayden Snelsire and Blake Marshall.

At 3:00 Girls JV Soccer battles North Caroline at home

At 3:30 Varsity Golf plays at Snow Hill – dismissal at 2:00

At 4:00 JV Volleyball competes at Easton High – dismissal at 1:30

At 4:30 Girls Varsity Soccer takes on North Caroline at home

At 5:00 Varsity Volleyball plays at Easton High – dismissal at 1:30

At 7:00 Varsity Football tackles Washington High at home

Good Luck Seahawks!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!!

Thursday, September 13