• February 12Sophomore Anya Knappenberger & Jagger Clapsadle awarded Jan. Premier Driving School's Athletes of the Month

• February 12Decatur praises senior Dana Kim for becoming a National Merit Finalist

• February 11Congrats to the choir students who made it into All Shore Choir

• February 11Congrats to the girls swim team for winning the 2019 Bayside Championship

• February 11Congrats to the wrestling team for winning the state championship

• January 15Congrats to Mrs. Smith for becoming Decatur's 2019 Teacher of the Year

• January 15Congrats to Coach Krall for acceptance into the 2019 Eastern Shore Golf Hall of Fame

Dutton scores commitment to college

Dutton scores commitment to college

Sibel Lorentz, Student Life and Health Editor

On September 4, junior Ellie Dutton committed to Winthrop University located in Rock Hill, South Carolina under a well-earned lacrosse contract.  

Being able to become a college athlete has always been a dream of mine and being able to achieve it has honestly been one of the best feelings. I also can’t wait to see where my friends on my club team and friends that I have met through lacrosse decide to play at the college level.”

— Ellie Dutton

As the first junior to sign to a university, Dutton expressed, “It was really exciting to be the first one in my grade to commit to a school. Some people think it’s crazy that I was able to decide on a school that quickly but ever since I was in 8th grade I knew that I wanted to play lacrosse in college, so when September 1 came around [Division One conferences], I knew what I wanted in a school and knew exactly what I was looking for.”  

Dutton continued, “Being able to become a college athlete has always been a dream of mine and being able to achieve it has honestly been one of the best feelings. I also can’t wait to see where my friends on my club team and friends that I have met through lacrosse decide to play at the college level.”  

After a few university visits, the dedicated player knew that Winthrop was the school for her, especially as it has always been her number one choice. Her decision was based largely on the size and location of the school, but she also believes the university will be a good place for her to grow academically.  

This choice was a difficult one to make, but family, friends, coaches, and teammates have helped her along the way to reach her dreams.  

• Dutton scores commitment to college

Sports

Decatur girls swim team dominates First Annual Bayside Championship

• Dutton scores commitment to college

Sports

Boys Basketball

• Dutton scores commitment to college

Sports

Girls basketball against Crisfield Crabbers

• Dutton scores commitment to college

Sports

[UPDATED]Who runs the mat? GIRLS

• Dutton scores commitment to college

Sports

Decatur football defeats Snow Hill

• Dutton scores commitment to college

Sports

Swimmers on their marks

• Dutton scores commitment to college

Sports

Bocce teams comes close to gold, but rolled too short

• Dutton scores commitment to college

Sports

Shaquem Griffin: Overcomes the impossible

• Dutton scores commitment to college

Sports

Softball

• Dutton scores commitment to college

Sports

Girls’ Lacrosse

Dutton scores commitment to college