• February 12Sophomore Anya Knappenberger & Jagger Clapsadle awarded Jan. Premier Driving School's Athletes of the Month

• February 12Decatur praises senior Dana Kim for becoming a National Merit Finalist

• February 11Congrats to the choir students who made it into All Shore Choir

• February 11Congrats to the girls swim team for winning the 2019 Bayside Championship

• February 11Congrats to the wrestling team for winning the state championship

• January 15Congrats to Mrs. Smith for becoming Decatur's 2019 Teacher of the Year

• January 15Congrats to Coach Krall for acceptance into the 2019 Eastern Shore Golf Hall of Fame

2018 NEHS Inductions

2018 NEHS Inductions

2018 National English Honors Society inductees.

Abigail Jager

Abigail Jager

Abigail Jager

Jenna Bradford and Abigail Jager

The National English Honor Society inducted nineteen new members to the dedicated club where they will participate in all the fundraisers, they will be hosting this year. Each member recited the Latin motto, “Gelast Sceal Mid Are” meaning, “duty goes with honor,” gave an inspirational quote, and signed the Chapter Book.

Principal Thomas Sites, theater teacher Brandon Cater, and NEHS adviser Kia Terlizzi spoke at the inductions. President Marissa Wheaton, Vice President Corinne Krasner, and Secretary Tara Fischer also spoke to the parents and new inductees.

Sites welcomed everyone to the inductions and congratulated the new inductees. “We are here today to honor students who excel not only in reading and writing, but also in their academic careers as a whole.” He then introduced Terlizzi, who gave a brief word to her new inductees.

Wheaton spoke about books in a technological world and the dangers of banning books. Krasner spoke of upcoming events such as the Haunted Hallway and the Buddy Reader program. Fischer introduced Cater who then gave an inspirational speech.

Fischer says, “I hope that the new inductees really work hard this year, especially during the haunted hallway and understand the responsibility of being in an honor society.” Fischer also hopes, “that they have fun.”

Upon being questioned of her feeling towards being inducted, junior Macy Dietrich said, “I feel enthusiastic about being part of the exclusive honors society and plan on going into a [career in writing]. I hope this will further my abilities in writing.”

On October 29 and 30, NEHS hosted their annual Haunted Hallway fundraiser. This year’s theme was a haunted twist on Dr. Seuss. The fundraiser occurred along with the Introduction to Theatre Halloween carnival.

Congratulations to the following inductees:

Seniors: Jenna Banks, Sarah Hyatt, Mette Jacobson, Samantha Lokey, Sibel Lorentz, Jenna Miller, Sarah Proctor, Tara Smith, Eve Watsky, Vicky Vasquez

Juniors: Macy Dietrich, Madison Munn

Sophomore: Morgan Carlson, Gavin Conner, Maeve Donahue, Emily Hyatt, Lauren Kemp, Mary Mergott, Kaitlyn Mourlas

• 2018 NEHS Inductions

Feature

Decatur welcomes Dr. Curtis Bunting

• 2018 NEHS Inductions

Feature

Sites projects future modifications within Decatur

• 2018 NEHS Inductions

Feature

Holiday recipes for all

• 2018 NEHS Inductions

Feature

St. Jude gets a visit from St. Nick

• 2018 NEHS Inductions

Feature

Tis the season for giving

• 2018 NEHS Inductions

Feature

Tiny homes for the homeless

• 2018 NEHS Inductions

Feature

Creepy carnival chills Decatur

• 2018 NEHS Inductions

Feature

Apple launches iOS12

• 2018 NEHS Inductions

Feature

Lets give a warm welcome to our new staff

• 2018 NEHS Inductions

Feature

Safety in the palm of your hand

2018 NEHS Inductions