• December 12SAD: ugly sweater day 21st

• December 12PJ day at SDHS Dec 19t. $2 to wear and win prizes

• December 12Congrats to Boys and Girls Basketball for there win against PHS

Inconsistency impairs the White House

Inconsistency impairs the White House

Photo courtesy of Creative Commons

Photo courtesy of Creative Commons

Photo courtesy of Creative Commons

Bees Beesley, Chief Editor

As President Trump approaches two years in office, cabinet members seem to turn on him as night on day, a crisis prevalent in Bob Woodward’s book, “Fear,” which sheds light on the White House’s most obscure secrets.

Featuring statements and stories of distrust from Trump’s closest aides, Woodward’s composition of corruption in Washington serves to reveal the flaws in our discombobulated government. One such anecdote recalls chief economic adviser, Gary Cohn’s theft of a letter from the president’s desk to divert authorization of a trade withdrawal from South Korea, an incident denied by White House spokespersons (the Boston Globe).

Responding to claims against the administration, Trump debased the content to “just another bad book,” press secretary Sarah Sanders explaining, “This book is nothing more than fabricated stories, many by former disgruntled employees, told to make the President look bad. … Sometimes [his method] is unconventional, but he always gets results” (Axios).

“Fear,” although, is not the only jive at White House shenanigans on the market–John Wolff’s bestseller, “Fire and Fury” similarly chronicles executive chaos over the course of Trump’s first eighteen months. In Wolff’s version, however, more hypocrisy is revealed than anything, in addition to early-on doubts that the campaign would even be successful. Managers Kellyanne Conway and Trump’s own son-in-law Jared Kushner both expected that the candidate would not, and should not, see success in the race, and rally opener Michael Flynn’s justification of accepting a Russian bribe by expressing, “It would only be a problem if we won,” (the Daily Intelligencer). This information could easily lead readers to suspect that the election was taken as a joke by much of the administration, giving rise to the issues that we not only see in both books, but in our government’s operation today.

Aside from corruption within the White House, Trump will likely face a Congressional turnover in the upcoming elections as former President Barack Obama emerges from a political hiatus to call upon Democrat voters. This social silence is a long-standing tradition of presidents, maintaining indifference as courtesy to their successors. After more than a year and a half out of office, although, the forty-fourth saw it his place to deliver the simple message: “You need to vote, because our democracy depends on it.”

Among the only times Obama mentioned the president by name, he explained, “It did not start with Donald Trump. He is a symptom, not the cause. He is just capitalizing on resentments that politicians have been fanning for years. A fear and anger that’s rooted in our past but is also borne out of the enormous upheavals that have taken place in your brief lifetimes.” This statement exhibits how Obama sought not to scathe the oval office, but instead to encourage young voters to stay in the habit of participating in elections (the Minnesota Post).

As the sky falls and elections near, it is crucial that voters are educated about the government’s current state, and wisely select representatives to serve as some source of constancy in Washington.

• Inconsistency impairs the White House

Opinion

Texting and driving extends beyond the windshield

• Inconsistency impairs the White House

Opinion

Pushing government shutdown, thousands spill over US border

• Inconsistency impairs the White House

Opinion

Swinging into relaxation

• Inconsistency impairs the White House

Opinion

Immigration laws hurting children

• Inconsistency impairs the White House

Opinion

The bloody truth

• Inconsistency impairs the White House

Opinion

The push to save our view

• Opinion

Dallas Fox News tweets misleading headline

• Inconsistency impairs the White House

Opinion

Privacy policies: safe or dangerous?

• Inconsistency impairs the White House

Opinion

Nike ad sparks debate

• Inconsistency impairs the White House

Opinion

Activists push for the boycott of SeaWorld

Inconsistency impairs the White House