Monday, October 16

Today Celebrates: Dictionary Day and World Food Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken and Waffles, Sweet and Sour Meatballs with Roll, Whipped Potatoes, Steamed Green Beans, Fresh Fruit, Mixed Fruit, and Milk.

Attention After School Academy participants: There will be NO Gaming Group or Spanish Help on Monday, October 16th and Tuesday, October 17th. We will make up the sessions another time.

Seniors! Senior Portrait Retakes are taking place TODAY through Wednesday, down the front hallway, Broadway. You MUST sign up for an appointment time. Check out the flyer posted in the main office for directions on how to sign up if you missed portraits this summer. If you want to have retakes done, call the number on the flyer to make an appointment. After this week, any senior who missed portraits will need to schedule an appointment at Lifetouch’s Salisbury Studio.

The Decatur Film Society will meet tomorrow, October 17th in the DNN studio! We will be discussing last week’s film ParaNorman, and then voting on our next feature film! Sign up using the QR code on the After School Academy Flyers! See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

The Hawk Newspaper is looking for writers, photographers, and any student interested in journalism! If you enjoy learning and writing about events and stories including student life, academics, sports, and more, then the Newspaper is the place to be!

Juniors and Seniors! There are several upcoming college visits this month. Be sure to check the list outside the Guidance Office frequently as the list is constantly being updated. Dickinson College will be here TOMORROW at 9:30 am and Stevenson University will be here on Thursday the 19th at 10:00 am. Don’t miss out on these valuable opportunities.

Don’t forget! Tomorrow, Tuesday, October 17th, there’s a basketball open gym for all girls interested in playing this season from 6:00 until 7:30 pm. And another set for Friday from 9:00 till 10:30am.

At 4:00 PM Boys Varsity Soccer plays at Bennett – dismissal at 2:00

At 4:00 PM JV Field Hockey takes on Bennett at home.

At 5:30 PM Boys JV Soccer plays at Bennett – dismissal at 2:00

At 5:30 PM Varsity Field Hockey battles Bennett at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!