• February 12Sophomore Anya Knappenberger & Jagger Clapsadle awarded Jan. Premier Driving School's Athletes of the Month

• February 12Decatur praises senior Dana Kim for becoming a National Merit Finalist

• February 11Congrats to the choir students who made it into All Shore Choir

• February 11Congrats to the girls swim team for winning the 2019 Bayside Championship

• February 11Congrats to the wrestling team for winning the state championship

• January 15Congrats to Mrs. Smith for becoming Decatur's 2019 Teacher of the Year

• January 15Congrats to Coach Krall for acceptance into the 2019 Eastern Shore Golf Hall of Fame

Ways to support the troops

Ways to support the troops

Soldiers salute the American flag as the United States anthem is being played during their departure ceremony at historic Fort Snelling May 22, 2011.

Photo courtesy of creative commons

Photo courtesy of creative commons

Photo courtesy of creative commons

Caitlin McLeavey and Sibel Lorentz

Sibel Lorentz
Supply list for donations.

Are you in need of service hours? Are you interested in supporting US troops? Stephen Decatur’s annual “Support the Troops” drive begins Oct.1 and will last until Nov. 9! 

Up to three service hours can be earned by simply donating items that will be shipped to the men and women who defend our country. All donations can be delivered to Mrs. Chetelat in Room A-175, located in the Maryland Avenue hallway. Some items that are needed this year are: ready to eat meals, snacks (pretzels, nuts, chips, etc.), toiletries (toothbrushes, cotton swabs, shampoo), fingerless gloves, writing materials, 100 percent cotton socks and underwear, games, and reading materials.  

If the items listed cannot be provided, monetary donations are also accepted. These donations will be given to the American Legion, a group “chartered by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic veteran’s’ organization. Focusing on service to veterans, service members and communities, the Legion evolved from a group of war-weary veterans of World War I into one of the most influential nonprofit groups in the United States,” as expressed on the legion’s website (Americanlegion.org). This service opportunity is easy to participate in and goes to a great cause. If able, please consider supporting the troops and donating!

• Ways to support the troops

Student Life

Decatur spreads holiday cheer

• Ways to support the troops

Student Life

EverFi recognizes 41 students

• Ways to support the troops

Student Life

Sophomores win stock market game state championship

• Ways to support the troops

Student Life

SDHS Choral Department presents “A Christmas Night to Remember”

• Ways to support the troops

Student Life

“Lost and Found” brings laughter to all who attend

• Ways to support the troops

Student Life

Helping the community, one can at a time

• Ways to support the troops

Student Life

Give blood, stay healthy

• Ways to support the troops

Student Life

Students showcase hidden talents at Smish Smosh

• Ways to support the troops

Student Life

Congratulations to the 2018 Halloween poetry contest winner

• Ways to support the troops

Student Life

Steps to completing the college application process

Ways to support the troops