Tuesday, October 24

Today Celebrates: National Bologna Day and United Nations Day!

Lunch for today includes: Sliced Hot Turkey Breast with Roll, Popcorn Chicken with Roll, Whipped Potatoes, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, Fresh Fruit, Diced Pears, and Milk.

Seniors! If you missed senior portraits this summer AND retakes last week, you will need to schedule an appointment at Lifetouch’s Salisbury Studio. All senior portraits MUST be taken through Lifetouch for the yearbook, and all portraits must be taken by February 1st. Remember, no senior portrait means no senior quote!

Attention Rho Kappa Members: If you have not already done so, please join our schoology group and check it for important information. Also, a reminder to new members dues are now past due. Please see Ms. Hathaway with any questions or concerns!

Would you like to join the One School, One Community Indoor Trunk or Treat Event happening October 26th, but don’t know who to contact or what to do? Do you want to dress up for Halloween, but have nowhere to go? See Mr. Thompson as soon as possible and we will give you service hours in exchange for being Boo-tiful to our community members. Join us for our Indoor Trunk or Treat, we need help with set up, decorating, and clean-up!

Juniors and Seniors! There are four college visits this week and seven visits next week. Be sure to check the list outside the Guidance Office to stay up to date! This week, Maine College of Art and Design will be here Wednesday at 1:15; Loyola University of Maryland visits on Thursday at 8:10 while Saint Mary’s College of Maryland arrives Thursday at 10:00. Gettysburg College will be here at 10:00 on Friday. Don’t miss out on these valuable opportunities, check that list! Check it twice!

Listen up Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors! Decatur is now accepting applications to be nominated for the Carson Scholarship Program. Applications are located outside of the CRT Office and posted on the Schoology message page. Only one person will be chosen to represent SDHS for the 2023-24 Carson Scholar Program, so pick up an application today! They are due back on Friday, December 1st!

The Key Club will be holding its first blood drive event on Friday, November 10th from 8:00 until 1:30. Students aged 16 and older are allowed to donate this year. If you are 16, you will need a signed parent permission slip. Please see Mrs. Saullo or Mrs. Kalchthaler for a permission slip. Signs with QR codes are located around the building to register.

Decatur Nation! Picture day is coming! Save the Date! On Monday, October 30th, Lifetouch will be at school to take photos of all freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. Order forms will be handed out next week, but even if you do not plan on ordering photos, you will still need to sit for a picture for the yearbook. Teachers and staff will have their photos taken on the 30th as well.

Does your club or organization have an upcoming meeting or event that you would like shared with the school and community? Send in any and all announcements to [email protected] to have them shared on the announcements, which is posted to YouTube and on decaturhawk.com. Need them announced on a specific day? Make sure to email the announcement by 7:20 the morning of. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

There will be an open gym for basketball this Wednesday. The open gym will start at 5:30 and will run until 7:00 pm. You must leave school at 2:40 and return 10 minutes before Open Gym. All are welcome and the fee is $2.00.

If you’re interested in trying out for the Boys Basketball team, please pick up your packet from Coach Johnson in room C-164. All paper work is due before or by November 13th.

Any girl interested in trying out for the Basketball team this year, must pick up an information packet outside Coach Tracy’s room, A113, sign up on Family ID, and turn in a physical to coach by November 9th.

Any boy or girl interested in coming out for the Wrestling Team must complete the QR code outside Coach August’s room, B1072Am fill out Family ID, and turn in a copy of your physical by November 13th.

Varsity Golf competes in the State Championship at the University of Maryland

At 4:00 PM JV Volleyball battles Easton at home

At 5:00 PM Varsity Volleyball spikes Easton at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!