• February 12Sophomore Anya Knappenberger & Jagger Clapsadle awarded Jan. Premier Driving School's Athletes of the Month

• February 12Decatur praises senior Dana Kim for becoming a National Merit Finalist

• February 11Congrats to the choir students who made it into All Shore Choir

• February 11Congrats to the girls swim team for winning the 2019 Bayside Championship

• February 11Congrats to the wrestling team for winning the state championship

• January 15Congrats to Mrs. Smith for becoming Decatur's 2019 Teacher of the Year

• January 15Congrats to Coach Krall for acceptance into the 2019 Eastern Shore Golf Hall of Fame

Apple launches iOS12

Apple launches iOS12

New IPhones and new updates.

New IPhones and new updates.

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

New IPhones and new updates.

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

New IPhones and new updates.

After September 17, Apple users had the ability to access Apple’s latest iOS 12 update. The update recently launched and is equipped with innovative features that respond to users’ needs.  

The convenient new ‘Screen Time’ feature allows access to see the time spent on the phone. This allows Apple users to monitor the amount of time they are on their device, as well as where that time is spent each week. In addition, iPhone users can schedule a set time away from certain apps they choose and set daily time limits for those that they use too frequently.  

Another feature presented by the company is amplified FaceTime, wherein users are not only able to type messages on the screen, they can also transform the screen into different colors and effects. Some of these include comic book, watercolor, vivid, and dramatic filters, as seen in the formerly popular ‘Photobooth’ application. Along with picture filters, Apple users can place different shapes anywhere they choose on the screen. Also, during a facetime call on certain devices, you can use an ‘Animoji’ or an emoji. Soon to be formally announced, Apple is launching a new element to FaceTime where people can have a group conversation, to be released later this fall. 

In effort to increase emoticon use, Apple has also introduced new emojis including animals such as: porcupine, shark, gorilla, dragon, new foods including: croissant, broccoli, salad, box of Chinese food, and a variety of new people which include: fairy, wizards, swimmer, yoga poser, and a few more. 

The everyday things done on your phone, such as checking social media or events on your calendar, can be resolved in a quicker way, which has been made evident by Apple’s innovative responses to customer needs. The update provides smoother animations and an improved system overall (apple.com).

• Apple launches iOS12

Feature

Decatur welcomes Dr. Curtis Bunting

• Apple launches iOS12

Feature

Sites projects future modifications within Decatur

• Apple launches iOS12

Feature

Holiday recipes for all

• Apple launches iOS12

Feature

St. Jude gets a visit from St. Nick

• Apple launches iOS12

Feature

Tis the season for giving

• Apple launches iOS12

Feature

Tiny homes for the homeless

• Apple launches iOS12

Feature

Creepy carnival chills Decatur

• Apple launches iOS12

Feature

Lets give a warm welcome to our new staff

• Apple launches iOS12

Feature

2018 NEHS Inductions

• Apple launches iOS12

Feature

Safety in the palm of your hand

Apple launches iOS12