• March 21Seniors continue to bring in baby pictures to Mr. Thompson

• March 21Senior quotes due by 3/29

• March 21Choir Festival on 3/27

• March 20Mu Alpha Theta Induction Ceremony on 4/9

• March 20Parent-Teacher Conferences on 4/4

• March 20NHS Induction Ceremony on 4/3

• March 15Half day for students on March 29

Tuesday, December 18

Today Celebrates: National Roast Suckling Pig Day and Bake Cookies Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken Fajitas. Pulled Pork Sandwich, Homemade, Coleslaw, Mixed Vegetables, Apple Slices, and Milk

Time Magazine just released their “Person of the Year” edition featuring numerous people on the cover. Decatur is proud to announce that two of the people are former students who both worked at the Capital Gazette in Annapolis where a gunman killed 5 of their colleagues. In the back row center is class of 1976 graduate Rick Hutzel who is a former editor of The Hawk Newspaper. In the front row on the right is Rachel Pacella who graduated in 2009. Pick up a copy today and read about Decatur Alum making a difference in the world!

Jostens Representatives will be at school TODAY during lunches to deliver class rings and take cap & gown orders. Seniors, if you have not already ordered, please remember to bring your order form completed with your height and weight, and a deposit of $60 if your order is over $60. Cap & gown only orders can be placed with no deposit.

Students interested in Media Expo should put the finishing touches on their entries that will be due after the break no later than January 3, in the Media Center.

It’s time to get ugly with your best, worst holiday sweater! Join SADD for an UGLY SWEATER Day on Friday, December 21. The uglier…the better.

Decatur Nation! It’s time to break out those festive Pajamas! Please remember, the school dress code still applies. For questions, please see Mr. Thompson in the DNN studio.

Today is the final day to purchase a candy cane gram for your significant other, friend, or yourself! They are only $1.00 and will be delivered during the end of 5th period today! Check out the table at lunch to purchase a candy gram! All proceeds go to the Relay For Life Team and benefit the American Cancer Society.

Exciting news Decatur! Now is the time that you can:

Buy a grab bag during lunch shifts.

Buy a grab bag during lunch and get candy.

Buy a grab bag during lunch, get candy and maybe a surprise gift.

Buy a grab bag during lunch, get candy, maybe a surprise, and a gift card.

Buy a grab bag during lunch, get candy, maybe a surprise, a gift card, and support NEHS efforts in California to help wildfire victims.

Don’t forget to vote for the best decorated door using @sgasdhs. It looks like Mrs. Bradford, Mr. Cater, Mr. Wilder, and Mrs. Fardelman are currently fighting for the lead! Voting ends at noon on Wednesday. Remember, the winning class will receive holiday cookies on December 21st. Make sure you follow @sgasdhs on Twitter to vote for the best decorated door!

There will be an Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday in A-121, Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott’s room. All are welcome

The Yearbook Staff would like to thank all those who pre-ordered their copy of the 2019 Seahawk Yearbook. As promised, a drawing was held and 10 people were chosen to win a $50.00 gift card to K-Coast. The winners are… Sofia Gordy, Grace Schwendeman, Isabella Vazquez, Marena Konoski, Chase Deickman, Matthew Clark, Seren Egenski, Samantha McManus, Marisa Shiflet, and Kimberly Kaufman. Please see Mr. Thompson in the DNN studio, after the announcements, to pick up your gift card.

Even though the drawing is over, you can still pre-order your copy of the Seahawk Yearbook by going to www.yearbookforever.com. From now until January 5th, enter the code gift4you at check out to receive $10.00 off of your purchase!

Come on out to the Stephen Decatur High School Band Concert TONIGHT, at 7:00 pm in the Auditorium. Admission is free so come out for some festive songs and performances that will bring holiday cheer to all!

The Seahawks undefeated wrestling team wrestles at home on Wednesday, December 19th at 5:00 p.m. battling Colonel Richardson and St. Michaels. Come out and support the wrestling team Wednesday!

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Basketball plays Washington at home

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Basketball battles Washington at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!

Tuesday, December 18