• March 21Seniors continue to bring in baby pictures to Mr. Thompson

• March 21Senior quotes due by 3/29

• March 21Choir Festival on 3/27

• March 20Mu Alpha Theta Induction Ceremony on 4/9

• March 20Parent-Teacher Conferences on 4/4

• March 20NHS Induction Ceremony on 4/3

• March 15Half day for students on March 29

Wednesday, December 19

Today Celebrates: Look for an Evergreen Day and Oatmeal Muffin Day!

Lunch for today includes: Cheese Steak Sub, Spicy Chicken Sandwich, Steamed Corn, Chilled Peaches, and Milk

A parking and mobility study is underway in the Town of Berlin. Business owners and neighbors say lack of parking can become an issue during big events and busy time of the year like the holidays and summer. The study is reviewing the town’s current parking situation and identifying shortfalls and solutions. Town Administrator Laura Allen said there are many options on the table including shuttle and valet service, as well as paid parking. However, nothing has been decided yet. The firm conducing the study has been to town twice now to collect information.

A Maryland panel that is considering recommendations to increase state funding for schools is meeting. The Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education is meeting Tuesday and Wednesday in Annapolis. It’s known as the Kirwan Commission, after the name of its chairman William “Brit” Kirwan, who is a former University System of Maryland chancellor. The panel is aiming to make recommendations on K-12 funding before state lawmakers gather for their annual 90-day legislative session next month. A preliminary price tag earlier this month reached an estimated $4.4 billion a year about a decade from now. The 25-member commission may work to scale back on that this week. Maryland last updated its K-12 funding formulas in 2002.

Congratulations to the SDHS Instrumental Group on their amazing performance last night during the annual band concert. The talent was heard throughout the auditorium and out front as the marching band and orchestra performed. Great job to the soloists for their wonderful renditions of classic songs.

Students interested in Media Expo should put the finishing touches on their entries that will be due after the break no later than January 3, in the Media Center.

It’s time to get ugly with your best, worst holiday sweater! Join SADD for an UGLY SWEATER Day on Friday, December 21. The uglier…the better.

Decatur Nation! TODAY is Pajama Day! Please remember, the school dress code still applies. For questions, please see Mr. Thompson in the DNN studio.

Exciting news Decatur! Now is the time that you can:

Buy a grab bag during lunch shifts.

Buy a grab bag during lunch and get candy.

Buy a grab bag during lunch, get candy and maybe a surprise gift.

Buy a grab bag during lunch, get candy, maybe a surprise, and a gift card.

Buy a grab bag during lunch, get candy, maybe a surprise, a gift card, and support NEHS efforts in California to help wildfire victims.

Thursday is the last day to write a note of support for the Calabasas High School community. Their community suffered a dark semester with the Borderline shooting incident followed the next day by terrible wildfires which displaced students and staff members. Please consider writing a note of hope for the new year. These notes along with funds raised from the grab bag sale will be sent to the school’s NEHS group. Thank you.

Pre-order your copy of the Seahawk Yearbook TODAY by going to www.yearbookforever.com. From now until January 5th, enter the code gift4you at check out to receive $10.00 off of your purchase!

Don’t forget to vote for the best decorated door using @sgasdhs. Voting ends at noon TODAY! Remember, the winning class will receive holiday cookies on December 21st. Make sure you follow @sgasdhs on Twitter to vote for the best decorated door!

There will be an Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday in A-121, Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott’s room. All are welcome

Today, for the holidays, the K.A.A.A.T club is having a bake sale from 2:45 – 3:15. Come by the concession stand on your way out of school to buy yummy treats and support local animal rescue groups such as the Humane Society.

At 2:00 PM Indoor Track competes at the Worcester County Rec Center – dismissal at 12:30

At 5:00 PM JV Wrestling battles St. Michaels at home

At 6:00 PM Varsity Wrestling also battles St. Michaels at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!

Wednesday, December 19