• January 18Congrats to Jude Al-Hamad for winning the PBIS Rewards VIP of the Game on Jan. 16

• January 15Congrats to Mrs. Smith for becoming Decatur's 2019 Teacher of the Year

• January 15Congrats to Coach Krall for acceptance into the 2019 Eastern Shore Golf Hall of Fame

Thursday, December 20

Today Celebrates: Go Caroling Day!

Lunch for today includes: Roasted Turkey, Baked Chicken Breast, Stuffing, Whipped Potatoes w/ Gravy, Seasoned Green Beans, Chilled Applesauce, Cookie, and Milk

SGA would to thank everyone for their participation in this years door decorating contest!!! We are excited to announce that Mrs. Bradford’s door is this years winner! Thank you all again for helping to get Decatur into the holiday spirit!

Students interested in Media Expo should put the finishing touches on their entries that will be due after the break no later than January 3, in the Media Center.

Decatur Nation! There are still some amazing prizes available in the NEHS Grab Bag fundraiser. Only 2 dollars can get you some candy, a surprise, and a gift card, all while giving back to those effected by the California Wildfires. SO… Buy a grab bag during lunch shifts!

TODAY is the last day to write a note of support for the Calabasas High School community. Their community suffered a dark semester with the Borderline shooting incident followed the next day by terrible wildfires which displaced students and staff members. Please consider writing a note of hope for the new year. These notes along with funds raised from the grab bag sale will be sent to the school’s NEHS group. Thank you.

Pre-order your copy of the Seahawk Yearbook TODAY by going to www.yearbookforever.com. From now until January 5th, enter the code gift4you at check out to receive $10.00 off of your purchase!

It’s time to get ugly with your best, worst holiday sweater! Join SADD for an UGLY SWEATER Day TOMORROW Friday, December 21. The uglier…the better.

Thank you everyone who participated in the Pajama Day yesterday. Together we raised over $360.00 while spreading cheer and holiday spirit throughout the halls. Now, here are the winners of the Pajama Day raffles. The winners are as follows: 9th Grade – Qui’Asia Thomas, 10th grade – Jasmine Abu-Zaid, 11th grade – Ellie Dutton, and 12th grade – Marisa Shiflet. Please come down to the DNN studio to claim your prize after the announcements.

The Seahawk Wrestling team was dominating last night defeating Colonel Richardson and St. Michaels by a combined score of 147 to 15. Congrats to all the wrestlers and good luck to the varsity team who travel to southern Maryland this weekend and the JV team who competes in the Parkside Tournament on Saturday! Good luck Seahawks!

At 3:00 PM Decatur Swim competes at Cambridge South Dorchester – dismissal at 1:00

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Basketball plays Snow Hill at home

At 5:00 PM Girls Varsity Basketball plays at Snow Hill – departure at 3:45

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Basketball battles Snow Hill at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Make it a Terrific Thursday Decatur!

Thursday, December 20