Thursday, January 17

Today Celebrates: Ditch your New Years Resolutions Day!

Lunch for today includes: Hot Turkey Sandwich, Oriental Orange Chicken, Brown Rice, steamed Oriental Blend Vegetables, Chilled Applesauce, and Milk.

Decatur Seniors! This is your last chance to schedule an appointment through LifeTouch to have your senior portraits taken for the yearbook. You can obtain information for making an appointment in the Salisbury Studio in the Main office or through Mr. Thompson in the DNN Studio. Additionally, if you still need to order your cap and gown, please pick up a jostens packet in the main office.

All students beginning Principles of Cosmetology next semester should stop by the guidance office to pick up information on the course requirements.

Have you thought about finals yet? NEHS has, and we know you’ll be up late studying the nights before. So, come buy breakfast at the concession stand on Thursday and Friday morning of finals. Pop Tarts and other delicious breakfast items to fill your stomach will be available for sale. BUT WAIT! That’s not all! Each will come with a bonus Number 2 pencil to fill-in those bubble sheets. So, if you forget breakfast or a pencil on final’s day, stop by the concession stand between 7:20 and 8:00 on January 24th an 25th. All proceeds benefit NEHS service projects.

Decatur Nation! It’s back and it’s coming! Taco Night will take place on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 from 2:30 until 7:00 p.m. Come out for tacos, desserts, drinks, and more, all for the low price of $1.00 each! Sponsored by Sunrise Church, this event helps raise funds for the school, and continues to be the largest fundraiser of our school. Don’t miss out on Taco Tuesday! February 5, 2019 in the SDHS Cafeteria!

Help support our local Believe In Tomorrow House By The Sea by donating needed items such as Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Windex, Toilet Bowl Cleaner and more! For a complete list, please see Mrs. Chetelat or the flyers posted around school. All donations should be dropped off to Mrs. Chetelat in room A175 before Friday, January 18th. Help support our local community – donate to Believe in Tomorrow!

The Relay For Life team will meet next, Tuesday, January 22 in the DNN studio. We have much to discuss so please plan on attending. You can still join the team if interested, so everyone is welcome to attend and learn about The American Cancer Society and our fight against cancer!

The Intro to Theatre Class would like to invite you to a series of student devised one act plays, titled A Bump in the Road. Performances are today and tomorrow, January 17 and 18, at 6:30pm in the Black Box Theatre. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for students. For more information, or to order tickets online go to www.decaturtheatre.com. We look forward to seeing you there!

Juniors who are interested in helping plan Prom 2019, make sure you come out this Thursday, after school in room C135. Help decide on the theme as well as all other aspects of Prom! If you have any questions, please see Mr. Greenwood or Ms. Galello. Prom Committee meeting, TODAY, January 17th directly after school.

There will be open gym for all boys lacrosse players on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. For questions, please see Coach Hoffman.

Congratulations to the Decatur Wrestling team who dominated Kent Island last night 53-16. Winning for the Seahawks were Shamar Baines, Jagger Clapsadle, Nico D’amico, Keegan Mitchell, Noah Reho, Kyle Elliott, Jhymir Blake, Johnny Hofman, Lucas Layton, DJ Taylor, and Dakota Souder. The bayside title is up for grabs next Wednesday at senior night when the wrestlers take on undefeated Parkside. Come support the Seahawks wrestlers!

At 3:30 PM Girls JV Basketball plays at WiHi – dismissal at 1:45

At 4:00 PM Decatur Swimming competes at Indian River – dismissal at 1:45

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Basketball plays at Pocomoke – dismissal at 2:15

At 5:30 PM Girls Varsity Basketball battles Pocomoke at home

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Basketball plays at Pocomoke – dismissal at 2:15

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!