• April 23Band concert May 2

• April 17Presidential service forms due on 4/29

• April 17Prom on 4/27

• April 12Seniors continue to bring in baby pictures to Mr. Thompson

Friday, January 18

Today Celebrates: Winnie the Pooh Day and Thesaurus Day!

Lunch for today includes: School Made Pizza, Cheeseburger, Oven Baked Fries, Seasoned Green Beans, Chilled Fruit, and Milk!

Decatur Seniors! This is your last chance to schedule an appointment through LifeTouch to have your senior portraits taken for the yearbook. You can obtain information for making an appointment in the Salisbury Studio in the Main office or through Mr. Thompson in the DNN Studio. Additionally, if you still need to order your cap and gown, please pick up a jostens packet in the main office.

Attention all student juniors and seniors: If you are interested in an alternative learning experience other than the traditional classroom, see Mrs. Berquist about the possibility of a community internship. Right now, we have two openings with two terrific companies. If you are interested in computer science and/or computer programming, the hospitality industry, or business, there are two immediate openings for interns. See Mrs. B right away in the CRT office.

All students beginning Principles of Cosmetology next semester should stop by the guidance office to pick up information on the course requirements.

Have you thought about finals yet? NEHS has, and we know you’ll be up late studying the nights before. So, come buy breakfast at the concession stand on Thursday and Friday morning of finals. Pop Tarts and other delicious breakfast items to fill your stomach will be available for sale. BUT WAIT! That’s not all! Each will come with a bonus Number 2 pencil to fill-in those bubble sheets. So, if you forget breakfast or a pencil on final’s day, stop by the concession stand between 7:20 and 8:00 on January 24th an 25th. All proceeds benefit NEHS service projects.

Decatur Nation! It’s back and it’s coming! Taco Night will take place on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 from 2:30 until 7:00 p.m. Come out for tacos, desserts, drinks, and more, all for the low price of $1.00 each! Sponsored by Sunrise Church, this event helps raise funds for the school, and continues to be the largest fundraiser of our school. Don’t miss out on Taco Tuesday! February 5, 2019 in the SDHS Cafeteria!

Help support our local Believe In Tomorrow House By The Sea by donating needed items such as Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Windex, Toilet Bowl Cleaner and more! For a complete list, please see Mrs. Chetelat or the flyers posted around school. All donations should be dropped off to Mrs. Chetelat in room A175 and are due TODAY, January 18th. Help support our local community – donate to Believe in Tomorrow!

The Relay For Life team will meet next, Tuesday, January 22 in the DNN studio. We have much to discuss so please plan on attending. You can still join the team if interested, so everyone is welcome to attend and learn about The American Cancer Society and our fight against cancer!

The Intro to Theatre Class would like to invite you to a series of student devised one act plays, titled A Bump in the Road. Performances are tONIGHT, January 18, at 6:30pm in the Black Box Theatre. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for students. For more information, or to order tickets online go to www.decaturtheatre.com. We look forward to seeing you there!

There will be open gym for all boys lacrosse players on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. For questions, please see Coach Hoffman.

The girls basketball defeated Pocomoke yesterday with a score of 55 – 22. It was a great team victory. Leading scorers were Jess Janney, Caela Berrie, and Sofia Gordy.

At 1:00 PM War on the Shore begins and runs until 9:00 this event. Teachers, please review your email regarding wrestlers and set-up.

This Weekend: Decatur hosts the War on the Shore Wrestling Tournament – come out to see the action and to support the Decatur Wrestling Teams!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!

Friday, January 18