Tuesday, January 22

Today Celebrates: National Blonde Brownie Day!

Lunch for today includes: Shrimp Poppers w/ Mac & Cheese, Spaghetti w/ Garlic Bread, Seasoned Chopped Kale, Chilled Applesauce, and Milk

Attention all student juniors and seniors: If you are interested in an alternative learning experience other than the traditional classroom, see Mrs. Berquist about the possibility of a community internship. Right now, we have two openings with two terrific companies. If you are interested in computer science and/or computer programming, the hospitality industry, or business, there are two immediate openings for interns. See Mrs. B right away in the CRT office.

All students beginning Principles of Cosmetology next semester should stop by the guidance office to pick up information on the course requirements.

Attention Seniors: At the last check, we have had 88 students complete the Health Literacy Survey on Naviance. Thank you for those that have done so. There is still 270 seniors that need to complete the survey. You can find the survey in Naviance. Please complete the survey. This is the 1st of several before graduation.

Secondly, please bring a copy of any and all acceptance letters to Mr. Hall in guidance. Even if you are not going to that college still bring in the letters. This helps to acknowledge all the places you may go! Lastly, please continue to check Naviance for scholarships! They are opening daily!

Have you thought about finals yet? NEHS has, and we know you’ll be up late studying the nights before. So, come buy breakfast at the concession stand on Thursday and Friday morning of finals. Pop Tarts and other delicious breakfast items to fill your stomach will be available for sale. BUT WAIT! That’s not all! Each will come with a bonus Number 2 pencil to fill-in those bubble sheets. So, if you forget breakfast or a pencil on final’s day, stop by the concession stand between 7:20 and 8:00 on January 24th an 25th. All proceeds benefit NEHS service projects.

Decatur Nation! Taco Night will take place on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 from 2:30 until 7:00 p.m. Come out for tacos, desserts, drinks, and more, all for the low price of $1.00 each! Sponsored by Sunrise Church, this event helps raise funds for the school, and continues to be the largest fundraiser of our school. Don’t miss out on Taco Tuesday! February 5, 2019 in the SDHS Cafeteria!

The Relay For Life team will meet TODAY, Tuesday, January 22 in the DNN studio. We have much to discuss so please plan on attending. You can still join the team if interested, so everyone is welcome to attend and learn about The American Cancer Society and our fight against cancer!

Leo Club, we will have a meeting to discuss upcoming service opportunities after school Tuesday, January 22nd in Mrs. Zervakos’s room. See you there!

The Decatur Relay For Life Team invites everyone to the Relay For Life of North Worcester Kick-off Event held TOMORROW NIGHT, Wednesday, January 23rd at The Greene Turtle in West Ocean City from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Enjoy a nice dinner with 15 percent of sales going to Relay For Life and the American Cancer Society. Also, join in our friendly competitions of pool and free-throws for a chance to win tickets to the water park, theme park, and mini golf at Frontier Town! Relay For Life Kick-Off Event, Wednesday the 23rd from 6pm until 8pm.

There will be open gym for all boys lacrosse players on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. For questions, please see Coach Hoffman.

Over this past weekend, Stephen Decatur hosted the annual War on the Shore wrestling tournament which is the toughest tournament in Maryland. Decatur finished in 4th place out of 19 teams. The team had 9 place winners on varsity. Shamar Baines and Johnny Hofman took 8th place. Kyle Elliott and Micah Bourne took 7th place. Lukas Layton took 6th place. And Jagger Clapsadle, Nico D’Amico, Noah Reho, and Dakota Souder placed 3rd. The only JV champion in the War on the Shore was Anya Knappenberger! Congratulations wrestlers!

Attention decatur students! The wrestling team needs your help. Decatur wrestling faces an undefeated parkside team on Wednesday night at 5. Come pack the house. Whoever wins will be the bayside dual meet champion!

At 3:30 PM Unified Bowling plays Snow Hill – dismissal at 2:00

At 3:30 PM Girls Varsity Basketball plays at Crisfield – dismissal at 1:15

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Basketball plays Crisfield at home

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Basketball battles Crisfield at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility! Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!