• February 12Sophomore Anya Knappenberger & Jagger Clapsadle awarded Jan. Premier Driving School's Athletes of the Month

• February 12Decatur praises senior Dana Kim for becoming a National Merit Finalist

• February 11Congrats to the choir students who made it into All Shore Choir

• February 11Congrats to the girls swim team for winning the 2019 Bayside Championship

• February 11Congrats to the wrestling team for winning the state championship

• January 15Congrats to Mrs. Smith for becoming Decatur's 2019 Teacher of the Year

• January 15Congrats to Coach Krall for acceptance into the 2019 Eastern Shore Golf Hall of Fame

Wednesday, January 23

Today Celebrates: National Pie Day, National Handwriting Day, and Measure Your Feet Day!

Lunch for today includes: Crispy Chicken Nuggets, Pulled Pork Sandwich, Homemade Coleslaw, Baked Beans, Chilled Mixed Fruit, Roll, and Milk

Attention all juniors and seniors: If you are interested in an alternative learning experience other than the traditional classroom, see Mrs. Berquist about the possibility of a community internship. Right now, we have two openings with two terrific companies. If you are interested in computer science and/or computer programming, the hospitality industry, or business, there are two immediate openings for interns. See Mrs. B right away in the CRT office.

All students beginning Principles of Cosmetology next semester should stop by the guidance office to pick up information on the course requirements.

Attention Seniors: At the last check, we have had 88 students complete the Health Literacy Survey on Naviance. Thank you for those that have done so. There is still 270 seniors that need to complete the survey. You can find the survey in Naviance. Please complete the survey. This is the 1st of several before graduation.

Secondly, please bring a copy of any and all acceptance letters to Mr. Hall in guidance. Even if you are not going to that college still bring in the letters. This helps to acknowledge all the places you may go! Lastly, please continue to check Naviance for scholarships! They are opening daily!

Attention Gamers: The Gaming Group will be meeting this Wednesday, January 23rd in Sra. Cassino’s classroom, A126.

Have you thought about finals yet? NEHS has, and we know you’ll be up late studying the nights before. So, come buy breakfast at the concession stand on Thursday and Friday morning of finals. Pop Tarts and other delicious breakfast items to fill your stomach will be available for sale. BUT WAIT! That’s not all! Each will come with a bonus Number 2 pencil to fill-in those bubble sheets. So, if you forget breakfast or a pencil on final’s day, stop by the concession stand between 7:20 and 8:00 on January 24th an 25th. All proceeds benefit NEHS service projects.

Decatur Nation! Taco Night will take place on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 from 2:30 until 7:00 p.m. Come out for tacos, desserts, drinks, and more, all for the low price of $1.00 each! Sponsored by Sunrise Church, this event helps raise funds for the school, and continues to be the largest fundraiser of our school. Don’t miss out on Taco Tuesday! February 5, 2019 in the SDHS Cafeteria!

There will be an Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday in A-121, Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott’s room. All are welcome

The Decatur Relay For Life Team invites everyone to the Relay For Life of North Worcester Kick-off Event held TONIGHT, Wednesday, January 23rd at The Greene Turtle in West Ocean City from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Enjoy a nice dinner with 15 percent of sales going to Relay For Life and the American Cancer Society. Also, join in our friendly competitions of pool and free-throws for a chance to win tickets to the water park, theme park, and mini golf at Frontier Town! Relay For Life Kick-Off Event, from 6pm until 8pm TONIGHT!

There will be open gym for all boys lacrosse players on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. For questions, please see Coach Hoffman.

Attention Decatur students! The wrestling team needs your help. Decatur wrestling faces an undefeated Parkside team TONIGHT at 5. Come pack the house. Whoever wins will be the bayside dual meet champion!

At 2:00 PM Indoor Track competes in the Baysides at Snow Hill – dismissal at

At 5:00 PM JV Wrestling takes on Parkside at home

At 6:00 PM Varsity Wrestling battles Parkside at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!

Wednesday, January 23