• February 12Sophomore Anya Knappenberger & Jagger Clapsadle awarded Jan. Premier Driving School's Athletes of the Month

• February 12Decatur praises senior Dana Kim for becoming a National Merit Finalist

• February 11Congrats to the choir students who made it into All Shore Choir

• February 11Congrats to the girls swim team for winning the 2019 Bayside Championship

• February 11Congrats to the wrestling team for winning the state championship

• January 15Congrats to Mrs. Smith for becoming Decatur's 2019 Teacher of the Year

• January 15Congrats to Coach Krall for acceptance into the 2019 Eastern Shore Golf Hall of Fame

Monday, February 4

Today Celebrates: Stuffed Mushroom Day and Thank a Mailman Day!

Lunch for today includes: Fish & Chips, Breaded Mozzarella Sticks w/ Marinara Sauce, Mixed Vegetables, Chilled Fruit, and Milk.

Stephen Decatur High School is proud two announce that we have two finalists in the 2019 Young Authors Writing Contest. Senior Jake Rider and junior Hannah Lehner will be honored in a ceremony at Salisbury University as well as have their story and poem published in an anthology with other contest winners. Please take a moment to congratulate them on their achievement!

There will be a Connections meeting on Thursday, Feb 7, after school until 3:10 in Mrs. Chetelat’s room A-175. New members are invited to attend.

Seniors! Please continue to bring a copy of any and all acceptance letters to Mr. Hall in guidance. Even if you are not going to that college still bring in the letters. This helps to acknowledge all the places you may go! Lastly, please continue to check Naviance for scholarships! They are opening daily!

Decatur Nation! Taco Night will take place TOMORROW, Tuesday, February 5, 2019 from 2:30 until 7:00 p.m. Come out for tacos, desserts, drinks, and more, all for the low price of $1.00 each! Sponsored by Sunrise Church, this event helps raise funds for the school, and continues to be the largest fundraiser of our school. Don’t miss out on Taco Tuesday! February 5, 2019 in the SDHS Cafeteria!

There is just under a month left to pre-order your 2019 Seahawk yearbook for the low price of $50. That price does increase on March 1st, so don’t delay, pre-order today! Go to yearbookforever.com to secure your copy today!

There will be an interest meeting for all those interesting in being on the boys lacrosse team this Tuesday, February 5th. The meeting will begin at 3:15 and the location will be TBA.

There will be a Baseball Interest Meeting on Wednesday, February 6th @ 3:15 in the cafeteria. Please bring something to write with and do not be late! If you are a winter sport athlete, stop by Coach Ferro or Coach Riley’s room for information.

There will be an interest meeting for all girls interested in trying out for the girls lacrosse team after school on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. in the media center classroom. Meeting should only last 15 minutes. See Coach Fluty with any questions. Come meet and then go eat some tacos!!

At 2:30 PM Unified Bowling plays at Ocean Lanes in Ocean City – dismissal at 2:15

At 5:30 PM Girls Varsity Basketball plays at Arcadia – departure at 3:45

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Make it a Magnificent Monday Decatur!

Monday, February 4