• April 23Band concert May 2

• April 17Presidential service forms due on 4/29

• April 17Prom on 4/27

• April 12Seniors continue to bring in baby pictures to Mr. Thompson

Wednesday, February 6

Today Celebrates: Lame Duck Day and National Chopsticks Day!

Lunch for today includes: Crispy Chicken Tenders, Bacon Cheeseburger, Roasted Sweet Potato Chips, Seasoned Green Beans, Chilled Pears, Roll, and Milk.

There is just under a month left to pre-order your 2019 Seahawk yearbook for the low price of $50. That price does increase on March 1st, so don’t delay, pre-order today! Go to yearbookforever.com to secure your copy today!

Do you love film? Are you always being hushed by friends during a movie? If so, join the new Decatur Film Club and dive into the art of watching film. Our first interest meeting will take place on Tuesday, February 12th, in the DNN studio. Please see Mr. Thompson with any questions.

There will be a Connections meeting on Thursday, February 7, after school until 3:10 in Mrs. Chetelat’s room A-175. New members are invited to attend.

It’s February Decatur, and that means it’s that time of the year when we ask you to clean your book shelves. That’s right! The annual Book Drive is now in full swing. Breakfast will be provided to the first period class with the most book points. One qualifying book equals one point while one brand new book with receipt attached earns your class 5 points. Hurry, the Book Drive ends on Friday, March 1st! Please see Mrs. Terlizzi with any questions.

There will be an Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday in A-121, Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott’s room. All are welcome

Calling all Creative Writers! Stephen Decatur is proud to announce the return of the Creative Writing Cafe! Each Thursday, the Creative Writing Cafe will meet in the DNN Studio offering you time, space, and resources to work on and strengthen your writing. Everyone is welcome to come and hang out. Our first meeting will take place on Thursday, February 14th, after school. Spend Valentine’s day with your true love, the love of story. Please see Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Seniors! Please continue to bring a copy of any and all acceptance letters to Mr. Hall in guidance. Even if you are not going to that college still bring in the letters. This helps to acknowledge all the places you may go! Lastly, please continue to check Naviance for scholarships! They are opening daily!

Key Club members: Happy February! This is a reminder that we have a full Key Club group meeting TODAY, February 6th, after school, in Ms. Saullo’s room C180. See you there.

There will be an interest meeting for all those interesting in being on the boys lacrosse team this Friday, February 8th. The meeting will begin at 3:15 in the cafeteria. Please bring something to write with and do not be late!

There will be a meeting for those interested in the outdoor track team TOMORROW, Thursday February 7th is the cafeteria at 2:45pm. The meeting will last approximately 15 minutes.

There will be a Baseball Interest Meeting TODAY, February 6th @ 3:15 in the cafeteria. Please bring something to write with and do not be late! If you are a winter sport athlete, stop by Coach Ferro or Coach Riley’s room for information.

Attention students – The wrestling team needs your help. We have just completed an undefeated regular season against the Bayside – especially with your vocal support at the Parkside match 2 weeks ago. TONIGHT the team will be trying to win the Regional team title, with 2 matches at 530 and 7 at home. Come out this evening and support the team – Be Loud and Be Proud. Go Seahawks!

At 5:30 PM Decatur hosts the Wrestling Regionals – come out to support the teams!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!

Wednesday, February 6