• April 23Band concert May 2

• April 17Presidential service forms due on 4/29

• April 17Prom on 4/27

• April 12Seniors continue to bring in baby pictures to Mr. Thompson

Wednesday, February 13

Today Celebrates: Get a Different Name Day and World Radio Day!

Lunch for today includes: Breaded Mozzarella Sticks w/ Marinara Sauce, Cheese Steak Sub, Steamed Peas, Chilled Pears, and Milk.

Congratulations to Cheyenne Lituski and Madeline McVicker on passing the Maryland State Board Theory Exam for Cosmetology!

Thank you to everyone who has already signed up to donate blood on Friday February 22nd. We still need 40 more donors. Please be a hero and donate this month; the available donor times are between 10 AM and 12:45 PM. See a Key Club member, Ms. S. Malone or Ms. McIntosh for a form. Thank you for your compassion and generosity.

On Thursday, Feb. 14, the Library Media Center will be closed before school until noon. The Library Kiosk will be set up by the back doors for printing, laptop checkout and return, and laptop problems.

Decatur musicians the SDHS jazz combo is looking for you in 2020. That’s right scheduling is happening right now and we need musicians to play in next year’s 2020 jazz group. Why the heck not. The only requirements are that you can read music and like to play your instrument. That’s it! We need piano players, bass players, wind performers, and a drum set player. If you can read music and have a desire to play, why not sign up for jazz band for the Spring of 2020. It’s a fine arts credit, it’s an elective credit, it’s a credit for playing an instrument. Schedule jazz ensemble for 2020 today!

The annual Book Drive is now in full swing. Breakfast will be provided to the first period class with the most book points. One qualifying book equals one point while one brand new book with receipt attached earns your class 5 points. Hurry, the Book Drive ends on Friday, March 1st! Please see Mrs. Terlizzi with any questions.

Do you have a special someone and want to get them something for Valentines Day? Looks like you’re in luck because the SDHS NJROTC is running a “Valentines Day Balloon sale” starting TODAY, February 12th through the 15th. You can buy your special someone a balloon, and with it includes a specific heartfelt message of your choosing. Balloons range from one to five dollars, and all proceeds support our NJROTC program. Purchase balloons in front of the cafeteria during your lunch shift.

Calling all Creative Writers! Stephen Decatur is proud to announce the return of the Creative Writing Cafe! Each Thursday, the Creative Writing Cafe will meet in the DNN Studio offering you time, space, and resources to work on and strengthen your writing. Everyone is welcome to come and hang out. Our first meeting will take place on Thursday, February 14th, after school. Please see Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Calling all French fanatics! The Foreign Language Club is open for business! Come join us in Madame McCann’s room A127, every Thursday after school for French tutoring and MORE! All are welcome! If you have questions stop by and see Madame, A127.

This week will mark the 1st anniversary of the Parkland Shooting that claimed the lives of 17 people, including students and staff. As we take a moment to remember and reflect, we invite any and all students to assist Decatur with bringing awareness of school violence by partaking in Sandy Hook Promise’s Say Something Week. There will be a meeting in Mrs. K. Patrick’s room after school TODAY, Wednesday, February 13th. Help us create some fun activities while raising awareness and support. Please see Mrs. K. Patrick or Mr. Thompson for more details.

Girls basketball won their 4th straight game last night on the road against WiHi with a score of 45-39. Nadia Bullock led the way with 20 points. Great team win ladies!

Attention anyone interested in playing tennis this spring, both girls and boys, there will be an interest meeting this Thursday, February 14, at 2:45 in Mr. Greenwood’s room, C174. The meeting will be 15 minutes so make plans to attend. Again girls and boys tennis interest meeting this Thursday at 2:45 in Mr. Greenwood’s room.

There will be an interest meeting for all girls interested in playing softball this spring , TODAY, Wednesday February 13th, right after school in room A170 – See Coach Kurtz if needed.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Make it a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!

Wednesday, February 13