• May 20Congrats to the winners of the Seventh Annual Peggy Hevel Memorial Writing Contest

• May 20Senior Community Awards on May 22

• May 20No school on May 27

• May 20Half day on May 24

• May 16Congratulations to our girls' lacrosse team on winning the Regional Championship

• April 29PARCC/HSA Testing May 15-22

Thursday, March 7

Today Celebrates: National Crown Roast of Pork Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken & Waffles, Sweet & Sour Meatballs, Brown Rice, Steamed Broccoli, Chilled Mixed Fruit, and Milk.

Attention Seniors! The senior panoramic photograph will take place next Monday, March 11th. You will be called down when ready so you MUST report to your first period class. Morning Worcester Technical students will report to the cafeteria before being called as the buses will be held for you. Additionally, Cap and Gown portraits will take place Monday as well. Appointment times are posted outside the Media Center. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson in the DNN Studio.

Attention Period 1 and Period 5 teachers: Please refer to the lists e-mailed to you and placed in your mailbox to send students with their belongings to the cafeteria this morning promptly at 9:15. It is very important that you send only those students on the list so they can receive time sensitive information. As a reminder, there will NOT be an announcement. Please just send them at 9:15. For those students who are not here in the morning, there will be an additional meeting at 1:10. Thank you for your cooperation.

Do you like pizza? Of course you do. If you want to win a pizza party for your 5th period class, then donate pet food! KAAAT Club is sponsoring a pet food drive from March 11th-15th. Turn in pet food to your 5th period teacher to win. Make sure you label it with your 5th period teacher’s name.

Attention students: The winter session of the After School Academy ends on Thursday, March 14th. After that date, there will be no after school transportation until the spring session begins.

Looking for a summer job, attend the job fair on Wednesday, March 20,2019 in the gym. You must sign up at the table during your lunch shift. Check with your teachers first to see if you are coming as a class. If you are not coming with your class, then sign up to come! Do not wait until the last minute! Yes! You! Go to the job fair!!!

National ENGLISH Honor Society is accepting applications for membership now through Thursday, March 28th. 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students may apply. See any English teacher for a list of requirements and an application. Also, applications will be available at the library/media center. The application DEADLINE is Thursday, March 28th at 3:00. No applications will be accepted beyond this date and time.

Mu Alpha Theta is hosting a Pi-athalon March 14th at 5:30 pm! (Roll Video 0:58) Teams of four will compete for prizes. Teams must return all 4 sign up sheets to Ms. Ebeline in room A129. Hurry because spots are filling up quickly.

Do you need help with a paper? Would you like someone to help you brainstorm, draft, or revise, or edit your paper for government, science, or English? Schedule an appointment with Seahawk Writing Center at SCHEDULICITY.com under workshops. Each session in Schedulicity is 30 minutes. Get help with your paper, get on your way. Free snack and gift for coming to the Seahawk Writing Center during the month of March and April. That’s SCHEDULICITY.com, write right.

Decatur Nation! The new Atlantic Athlete Outreach club is holding their first interest meeting this Friday morning at 7:25 in Mrs. Purnell’s room. Please see Mary Mergott or Mrs. Purnell with any questions. We hope to see you there!

Seniors! It’s that time that we begin collecting your baby pictures for the 2019 Graduation Ceremony. Please submit ONE baby picture to Mr. Thompson with your name written on the back. These photos will be scanned and returned to you. If you have a digital photo to submit, please email it to senior video [email protected] Pictures can be dropped off in the morning before the 7:57 bell, or in between classes. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

Attention all orchestra members, you now have a rescheduled rehearsal date. Since school was closed back on February 20th, our new rehearsal takes place TODAY. This practice will be in Mr. Foell’s room and will run from 3:00 until 4:15 in the afternoon. Remember this is a make up rehearsal and Orchestra Festival is now only 3 weeks away. SO again, orchestra rehearsal after school, from 3:00 until 4:15, TODAY in Mr Foell’s room. See you then!!

Attention Academic Team members: please note that there will NOT be a practice after school TODAY. Be dressed appropriately and ready to board the bus in front of the school at 7:15 AM TOMORROW morning.

There will be Bocce Ball Practice for the team and all that are interested TODAY, after school. Please meet in the guidance computer lab right after school.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!

Thursday, March 7