• May 20Congrats to the winners of the Seventh Annual Peggy Hevel Memorial Writing Contest

• May 20Senior Community Awards on May 22

• May 20No school on May 27

• May 20Half day on May 24

• May 16Congratulations to our girls' lacrosse team on winning the Regional Championship

• April 29PARCC/HSA Testing May 15-22

Friday, March 8

Today Celebrates: Be Nasty Day and International Working Women’s Day!

Lunch for today includes: Buffalo or Pepperoni Pizza, Chicken Breast Sandwich, Seasoned Spiral Cut Fries, Steamed Corn, and Milk.

Attention Seniors! The senior panoramic photograph scheduled for next Monday, March 11th has been postponed until Friday, March 15th. You will be called down when ready so you MUST report to your first period class. Morning Worcester Technical students will report to the cafeteria before being called as the buses will be held for you. Again, the Senior Panoramic has been moved to Friday, March 15th.

Seniors. Cap and Gown portraits will take place Monday, March 11th as originally scheduled. Appointment times are posted outside the Media Center. If you cannot make your appointment time, talk to the LifeTouch representative on Monday, or call their Customer Service Hotline. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson in the DNN Studio.

Students, many library books will be due Monday, March 11. Please renew or return your library book to avoid being put on the debt list.

Attention 1st semester marching band, this is a reminder of the Ocean City St. Patrick’s day parade coming up next week. You will have a practice in Mr. Foell’s room on Friday, March 15th during his last period class. Any marching band members who have afternoon tech will stay back that day and wait for rehearsal. So again, the Ocean City St. Patrick’s Day parade is coming up next week and all 1st semester marching band members have rehearsal on Friday, March 15th in the band room, last period. Be there!

Attention students: The winter session of the After School Academy ends on Thursday, March 14th. After that date, there will be no after school transportation until the spring session begins.

Pizza Party! Got your attention, didn’t I? Donate pet food to the KAAAT Club between the dates of March 11th-15th Turn in your pet food to your 5th period class and make sure it has the name of your 5th period teacher. Ready? Set. Donate.

Looking for a summer job, attend the job fair on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 in the gym. You must sign up at the table during your lunch shift. Check with your teachers first to see if you are coming as a class. If you are not coming with your class, then sign up to come! Do not wait until the last minute! Yes! You! Go to the job fair!!!

National ENGLISH Honor Society is accepting applications for membership now through Thursday, March 28th. 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students may apply. See any English teacher for a list of requirements and an application. Also, applications will be available at the library/media center. The application DEADLINE is Thursday, March 28th at 3:00. No applications will be accepted beyond this date and time.

Mu Alpha Theta is hosting a Pi-athalon March 14th at 5:30 pm! Come join us for a pi day relay and pie eating contest! Teams of four will compete for prizes. Don’t think you have what it takes? You can come watch for only $3 per person and enter a gift card raffle! Teams must return all 4 sign up sheets to Ms. Ebeline in room A129. Hurry because spots are filling up quickly.

Seniors! It’s that time that we begin collecting your baby pictures for the 2019 Graduation Ceremony. Please submit ONE baby picture to Mr. Thompson with your name written on the back. These photos will be scanned and returned to you. If you have a digital photo to submit, please email it to senior video [email protected] Pictures can be dropped off in the morning before the 7:57 bell, or in between classes. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Lacrosse plays a scrimmage at Milford

At 5:00 PM Boys Varsity Lacrosse plays a scrimmage at Milford

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead on Sunday and have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!

Friday, March 8