• May 20Congrats to the winners of the Seventh Annual Peggy Hevel Memorial Writing Contest

• May 20Senior Community Awards on May 22

• May 20No school on May 27

• May 20Half day on May 24

• May 16Congratulations to our girls' lacrosse team on winning the Regional Championship

• April 29PARCC/HSA Testing May 15-22

Tuesday, March 12

Today Celebrates: Girls Scouts Day and Plant a Flower Day!

Lunch for today includes: Crispy Popcorn Chicken, Soft Tacos, Pinto Beans, Sweet Potato Fries, Chilled Fruit, Roll, and Milk.

Congratulations to the Stephen Decatur Academic Team for their 3rd place finish at the Eastern Shore Academic Invitational Tournament at Wor-Wic this past Friday! This is the second year in a row that Decatur has placed in the top 3. Good job, guys!

Attention Seniors! The senior panoramic photograph will take place on Friday, March 15th. You will be called down when ready so you MUST report to your first period class. Morning Worcester Technical students will report to the cafeteria before being called as the buses will be held for you. Again, the Senior Panoramic will take place on Friday, March 15th.

Additionally, Josten’s will be here at SDHS on Wednesday, April 3rd to distribute senior orders at lunch time outside of the cafeteria. If you have ordered anything in addition to a cap and gown, you may pick it up that day. Cap and gowns are held until graduation practice and will be distributed at one of the May practices. If you have not ordered a cap and gown, Josten’s will take your order that day as well.

Attention 1st semester marching band, this is a reminder of the Ocean City St. Patrick’s day parade coming up this weekend. You will have a practice in Mr. Foell’s room this Friday, March 15th during his last period class. Any marching band members who have afternoon tech on Friday will stay back that day and wait for rehearsal. So again, the Ocean City St. Patrick’s Day parade is coming up this Saturday and all 1st semester marching band members have rehearsal on Friday, March 15th in the band room, last period. Be there!

Join the Stephen Decatur Choirs in a Chicken and Dumplings Dinner and a Show, this Friday evening, March 15th from 5:00 until 7:00 in the cafeteria. Tickets are only $10 and meals include Chicken and Dumplings, Mashed Potatoes, and a drink. Desserts and silent auction items will also be available! Can’t stay? No worries! Carry out is available! Please see Mrs. Bradford or any choir member to order tickets or simply pay at the door.

Attention students: The winter session of the After School Academy ends on Thursday, March 14th. After that date, there will be no after school transportation until the spring session begins.

Mu Alpha Theta is hosting a Pi-athalon March 14th at 5:30 pm! (Roll Video 0:58) Teams of four will compete for prizes. Teams must return all 4 sign up sheets to Ms. Ebeline in room A129. Hurry because spots are filling up quickly.

Pizza Party! Got your attention, didn’t I? Donate pet food to the KAAAT Club between the dates of March 11th-15th Turn in your pet food to your 5th period class and make sure it has the name of your 5th period teacher. Ready? Set. Donate.

Looking for a summer job, attend the job fair on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 in the gym. You must sign up at the table during your lunch shift. Check with your teachers first to see if you are coming as a class. If you are not coming with your class, then sign up to come! Do not wait until the last minute! Yes! You! Go to the job fair!!!

National ENGLISH Honor Society is accepting applications for membership now through Thursday, March 28th. 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students may apply. See any English teacher for a list of requirements and an application. Also, applications will be available at the media center. The application DEADLINE is Thursday, March 28th at 3:00. No applications will be accepted beyond this date and time.

Seniors! It’s that time that we begin collecting your baby pictures for the 2019 Graduation Ceremony. Please submit ONE baby picture to Mr. Thompson with your name written on the back. These photos will be scanned and returned to you. If you have a digital photo to submit, please email it to senior video [email protected] Pictures can be dropped off in the morning before the 7:57 bell, or in between classes. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Make it a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!

Tuesday, March 12