Tuesday, March 12

Today Celebrates: Girl Scouts Day and Plant a Flower Day!

Lunch for today includes: Popcorn Chicken With roll, Rotini w/ Meat Sauce with Garlic toast, Steamed broccoli, Steamed Corn, Fresh fruit, Applesauce Cup, And Milk.

Congratulations to the Stephen Decatur Academic Team! They took first place out of 10 teams to win the Eastern Shore Academic Invitational Tournament for the second year in a row. Great job guys!

Attention all 1st semester marching band students. The middle of March is here and the St. Patrick’s Day parade is right around the corner. This is a reminder that we will have marching band practice this Friday during Mr. Foell’s 5th period class. This rehearsal will include all instrumentalists, colorguard, and band staff involved with Saturday’s parade. Teachers, there will be a list of names of those people who are to report to rehearsal in your mailboxes very soon. That’s Saint Patrick’s parade practice this Friday in Mr. Foell room 5th period. See you then!

Attention Seniors: Please continue to check Schoolinks for scholarships. Many deadlines are quickly approaching. If you are not sure where to find them, please stop by guidance with your iPad handy.

Seniors who plan to attend Wor-Wic next fall! Please sign up so that you can register here at Decatur. Wor-Wic will be here on April 5th to register students. You must sign up on the form in Schoology and apply to Wor-Wic prior to April 2nd.

Attention ALL 9th through 11th grade students: The Schoology course to enter your next year’s course selections closes TODAY!. Go and enter your requests for next year’s courses now! You can only submit once so please take your time and make selections carefully!

Attention students! This Thursday, in A-121 from 3:00 until 4:00, the math club will have a forum of former Decatur Grads speaking about their college experience. Jessica Beck from Catholic University, Mary Mergott from the United States Coast Guard Academy, Aryvir Sangwan from UNC and more! QR code to sign up is available outside of A-121. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott if you have any questions.

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday, March 14th at 7:15 am in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott or Mrs. Kolluri if you have any questions.

Decatur Theatre invites you to this year’s March Production of Oscar Wilde’s The Canterville Ghost, adapted by Tim Kelly, and performed with special permission from Concord Theatricals. Performances will be Thursday March 14th and Friday March 15th at 7:00 pm, and Saturday March 16th at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm in the Auditorium. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and can be purchased at the door or online at www.decaturtheatre.com. If there are any questions about tickets, touch base with Mr. Cater in the Black Box Theatre. We look forward to seeing you there!

Stephen Decatur Cheer is back again with their annual fundraiser “Egg My Yard”. If you would like to surprise your kids, neighbors, and/or friends with some easter fun, then let the Cheerleaders deliver candy filled eggs! You can choose from four different egg packages and to have your eggs delivered to your porch or scattered in the yard. Scan the QR code on the flyers or outside of Miss. Johnson classroom C129 to fill out the google doc form. Payment is by cash or check only. Checks should be made payable to Stephen Decatur High School. If paying with cash, please give it to Miss. Johnson in an envelope with your name. Thank you so much for the egg-cellent support!

Looking for a summer job? Do you like having your own money? Attend the job fair on Thursday, April 4th from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm in the gym. Dress to impress, bring a resume but not required. YES! YOU! Go to the job fair!!!

At 6:30 PM Boys Varsity Lacrosse plays at Caesar Rodney – departure at 4:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!